[11]

[This is the idea of the outfit Y/N would wear, if you don't like it you can make your own :)]

I slowly open my eyes and light hits me so I close them again. I have a huge headache making me groan.

"She's awake guys"

I open them to see everyone around me. Looking past them I see that were not at the bridge anymore. I winced in pain before looking at them.

"What happened?" I ask.

Alex smiles at me before speaking, "you passed out from the loss of blood... we think. Dariush got the key but-"

"But the bitch cut me", Dariush says showing me the giant cut on his abdomen. I wince and a slight chuckle came out of my mouth.

"Yeah and then Gabriel carried you so we could get to JPL... and were here", Alex finishes. I glance at Gabriel before swallowing and staring up at the destroyed building.

"We better get going now that your awake," ZhenZhen explains before helping me up from the floor. Gabriel wraps his arms around me, supporting me as I walk. ZhenZhen and Alex take hold of Dariush and help him.

I look up at Gabriel and sigh. "Thank you for carrying me back there, but I think I can walk. Dariush needs more help than I do.", Gabriel looks at me before shaking his head.

"No you can't walk, you both need help. And Dariush already has helped. I'm staying here", he tells me taking another step.

We step into JPL and a surge of pride engulfs me, knowing that we've finally made it. "Oh wow, they're testing plasma rockets! Those things burn hotter than the surface of the sun!", Alex nerds out.

"Look, after we find Dr.Feilding we can look at all the nerd things that you want.", Dariush tells Alex as we make our way to the stairs.

We go up the stairs as fast as we can and yell for Dr. Feilding but there's no answer.

"Guys over here!", ZhenZhen yells and I and Gabriel both go over to her. Beside her, a man sits in a chair covered in blood. Gabriel checks his pulse before sighing and shaking his head.

"He's dead"

I watch as blood trickles down the side of Dr. Fielding's arm and down to a morse code transmitter.

ZhenZhen holds up the radio as beeps come from it. I sigh before letting go of Gabriel and slowly fall to the floor.

That was our last chance.

"We failed..."