[13]

[This is the idea of the outfit Y/N would wear, if you don't like it you can make your own :)]

We wait for ZhenZhen to finish in the basement.

2 minutes go by.

Then 10 minutes.

I'm about to say something when all of a sudden the lights turn on and my eyes adjust.

"She turned the power back on!", I exclaim.

"Good. Look for the monitors at the back of the room. Are they working?" The general asks.

Gabriel runs and checks them before nodding his head eagerly. "YEAH THEY WORK", he yells across the room.

"Now insert the crypto key"

I throw the key to Gabriel and he catches it before inserting it into the control station.

"I got it. I got it!"

"Good, has your friend moved the satellites yet?"

I look over at one of the cameras and shake my head "no, he's still climbing," I say watching as Alex clings onto the satellite support beam for dear life.

"Then you have to wait before you launch Excalibur."

I nod and continue to watch Alex climb. In the back of the camera, I say a spider-like figure come out from the shadows.

"Shit!"

Gabriel comes over and sees the alien as well before pressing random buttons and yelling at the camera screen.

"Alex! Alex, WATCH OUT THE ALIEN IS RIGHT THERE", I press a random button and Gabriel's voice rings outside on the roof.

Alex stops climbing and looks down at the alien we've killed like 3 times already. He hurries up and starts kicking the satellite to move it. He kicks it one more time and the satellite turns before he climbs higher and ziplines down on a wire.

On the screen in front of me, it says 'dish enabled' and I smile wide. "He did it!"

"Okay you need two people to launch Excalibur," the general tells us. I look at Dariush and he's passed out. Shit.

Gabriel looks at me and helps me up, taking me over to the control panels. "Get the two launch keys from the safe, let me know when you are there and I'll give you the code," the general says. Gabriel moves papers around and sees the lock. "The code is 9-6-3-2-2-1-0-3". Gabriel starts punching in random numbers.

I go to move from my side of the control panels and over to him but I stop and fall to the floor coughing up blood. Gabriel doesn't notice and starts to panic as he puts random numbers in. I try to get up on my own but it's too much and I fall back down.

"Here man, I wrote it down for you," Dariush says from beside Gabriel, handing him a piece of paper with the code written in blood on it. Gabriel grabs the paper and puts in the code before turning and looking at me. He runs over to me and helps me up. I cough more as I hold onto the table for support.

"It is imperative that they are inserted at the same time," the general says as he sees the two launch keys in Gabriel's hands. Gabriel nods and takes me over to one side of the control table and hands me a key.

"We can do this!", he whispers into my ear before turning and running to the opposite side. I clench the key in my hand waiting for him to be ready. We each insert the card and he stares at me.

"Okay, three."

"Two"

"On-"

Before we could push the button the alien jumped through the door and runs at us. We grab Dariush and run for a corner. The alien slowly comes toward us and we scream.

I grab Gabriel's hand and squeeze tightly, Gabriel doing the same thing.

Right before the alien could eat us a Rubix cube hits its head and it turns. The same Rubix cube I haven't seen Alex without. "COME AT ME BITCH!", Alex yells appearing at the stairs.

"What are you doing? You can't kill that thing with a flare gun!", Gabriel yells at Alex as he grabs ZhenZhen's flare gun from his pocket.

"No, but I know what can. Meet me outside after you launch Excalibur!", Alex yells before running off and leading the alien away.

We get up and I and Gabriel head to the buttons.

"One, two, three!"

We hit the buttons and the text on the screen in front of us said 'initializing' before saying, 'target locked'. We yell in excitement and hug each other before running out of the room. ZhenZhen appears in front of us and we yell at her to follow us. We run out of the building before turning and waiting for Alex.

Part of the building explodes and we all yell in surprise. "ALEX!", ZhenZhen yells running forward. Dariush grabs her and pulls her back.

She screams as he holds her down and tears start to burn my eyes. Dust covers us as the explosion starts to settle.

When we all thought Alex was gone, Alex appears from the side of the building and smiles at us before running to us.

"ALEX!"

"OH MY GOD, YOUR OKAY!"

Alex stops in front of us and we all crowd around him, I hug him before he's pulled away by ZhenZhen. She gives him his watch and I turn around to look in the distance smiling.

Gabriel slowly walks over to me and surprises me by jumping and giving me a hug. He holds tightly to me as I laugh. It feels good to be with him when we're not running away from death.

"What now?", he whispers. I pull back and look him in the eyes.

"I don't know", I say watching as he puts his hands through his hair. He comes closer to me until were inches away and goes in for a kiss. I watch as he closes his eyes and laughs before dodging his lips and kissing his cheek.

He looks at me surprised before laughing and turning to watch the mothership explode in the distance.

"I love you, Gabriel,"

"I love you too (Y/N)"

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃-