[12]

[This is the idea of the outfit Y/N would wear, if you don't like it you can make your own :)]

"Let's be honest guys, who do we think we are?", Dariush says sitting down beside me.

"A nerd...", Alex says sitting down.

"A criminal...", Gabriel says looking down.

"An orphan.", ZhenZhen says sitting next to Alex.

"A joke.", Dariush speaks up.

I look at everybody before flinging a piece of my skin on my finger.

"A loner.."

We all look at each other in silence. ZhenZhen sits down and grabs two glow sticks before placing them in the middle of us.

Dariush looks over to the side and grabs a bottle of champagne and shows it to us. "Since we're all gonna die together, may I propose a toast."

I smile at him as he looks down at it. "Ahh crap this is from 1969, I could at least have gotten some fresh wine if this was going to be my first time!", Dariush tells us before chucking if away.

A man starts talking and we all whip our heads to the side. Jumping up we all run over to the sound.

"Hello?"

A man appears on a huge screen in front of us. "Identify yourself. What is your name ma'am? Over.", the guy asks Alex. I feel like laughing but I know it's not a good time to so I stay quiet.

"My name is Alex," he said irritated.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 13, and if you don't mind me asking, who are we talking to?"

The guy stands up straight before speaking, "This is General George Khoury at Cheyenne Mountain. Is anyone alive at JPL? Is Dr.Feilding there?"

"There are five of us, everyone else is dead. The astronaut sent us before she died.", I croak.

"You were sent by Major Collins?"

"Yeah that's why we came," Gabriel tells him.

"She gave us the key and said something about Excalibur...", Alex tells the General, holding up the key for him to see.

"You have the crypto key in your possession?"

"That's right. What do we need to do to get it to work", Alex asks.

"Nothing.", the General sighs. "You need to get out of there. I'm sorry, it's over. There's nothing you kids can do against this thing. Now get out of there immediately. Were sending two units to"

"No.", Alex interrupts. "I made a promise I wouldn't let anything stop me. So I'm going to keep trying. And it will be a lot easier if you would help me. We didn't travel all this way to give up now. We're done being told what we can and can't do. We made it across half of Southern California, and passed aliens and soldiers all the way here! All we had to was each other, nobody helped us. You're going to listen to me because we're the best chance you got.", Alex speaks and I feel like high-fiving him. "I'm going to ask you one more time General, what do we need to do to make this thing work!"

The General looks at us for a second before sighing. "Someone needs to go down to the basement and fire up the emergency generators. Start them in sequence, exactly for seconds apart. Send your fastest and strongest-", he continues. ZhenZhen looks down at my leg before looking back at the General.

"I'll do it.", she speaks up.

"I'm sorry.... That sounded like a young girl.", the General says. I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"Yeah aliens don't stand a chance against her.", Dariush tells the General. ZhenZhen smiles at him before looking back at the monitor.

He starts to explain how to get in there and we all listen carefully.

Alex pulls ZhenZhen away and they talk before Alex hands her his watch. ZhenZhen kisses his cheek and I feel like bursting into happiness. I knew they liked each other!

ZhenZhen leaves and runs downstairs heading for the basement, leaving Alex shocked.

"What are we doing? What is Excalibur?!", Gabriel asks behind me.

"Excalibur was an old war defense project, to shoot down Russian missiles", the General explains.

"Yeah using fusion pumped X-ray lasers, I read about that", Alex says I stare at him before chuckling and shaking my head. That kid knows everything.

"Don't worry about him, he knows everything. Keep going", Dariush says panting. He sits down in one of the chairs and I limp over to him to see if he's okay.

"The key that Major Collins gave you contains the coordinates of the mothership in outer space.", the General says.

"We can destroy the mothership", Gabriel says realizing what the General is planning to do. "You're our last hope.."

"Okay what else do we need to do to get this started?", I ask.

"You need to realign the satellite dish in the roof, then get a working computer and load the coordinates Major Collins gave you, then activate Excalibur " he explains to us I nod my head and turn back to Dariush who seems ready to pass out.

"Alright I'll go to the roof", Gabriel says getting up and getting ready to run. Before he can Alex stops in front of him.

"No, Gabriel. You guys load the programs. I will go to the roof"

I stare at Alex as he takes the necklace from his neck and places it on the table. "I'm scared of everything. It's my turn.", Alex continues. I nod my head and he turns to leave. "Tell ZhenZhen I'm gonna want my watch back. And if I die... tell her I love her.", we nod and he smiles. "Actually wait.. don't tell her I love her, just tell her I was into her... I mean I don't want to freak her out with the 'L' word."

"Just go!", we yell at him. He nods and then runs away towards the roof.