Chapter 17

One Year Later
                         Meera's POV

It has almost been one year since they admitted Sakshi to a mental health treatment centre here in Bangalore itself. Every week I do make some time out of my schedule to meet Sakshi, who with the grace of God is slowly healing emotionally as well as physically. The last time I enquired with the centre's management regarding Sakshi's discharge they assured me that Sakshi will be discharged hopefully next week. I am not yet sure where Sakshi will be going once she is discharged from the centre, but I am expecting her to move in with her mum as I don't believe Sakshi will find this flat or its surrounding area safe nor do I think that Damini aunty will agree to Sakshi staying here due to the obvious experiences.

 Also, from what I have heard Sakshi's trial will start very soon start, as a friend I will support Sakshi in all her trials and tribulations as she deserves justice for everything Sakshi went through in her life. The sad part about this country is that they make the victim go through everything they possibly can endure for many years before finally delivering justice - sometimes that is unlikely too. 

Unfortunately it was a Monday today, meaning I had to go to work. Few months agoI was promoted as a team leader, although the salary is good the work load is hectic but I guess it keeps me busy and it is good in a way as I don't have to see a particular someone as much. YES YOUR RIGHT KESHAV. 

Slowly I got out of my bed, had a quick shower and changed myself into a simple top and jeans. As usual I skipped breakfast and headed to work. New elevator system was installed into the building making it so much easier for me, just as the elevator was going to close it opened due to the presence of his highness Keshav. I sighed heavily noticing his presence and turned my head in the opposite direction attempting to avoid him once the elevator closed. Ever since  Keshav famously rejected me things have been very awkward between us. We both avoid each other as much as we can but sometimes Aarav is one connecting factor between me and Keshav. Anyway due to my bad luck today here he is with me in the elevator, hopefully I don't need to tolerate Keshav for more than a few seconds. 

Don't think this is random but I hate the smell of perfumes with a passion especially them strong ones. It makes me feel sick and nauseous. Maybe my asthma is one reason for this. Just to make my day worse Keshav had a strong scent of perfumes and it was killing me. I constantly kept on comforting myself that I'd soon be able to get out of the elevator but due to my bad luck the lift's lights went off and doors tightly shut when we almost reached the second floor. 

"For fucks sake" I heard Keshav's voice somewhere in the darkness. 

 "Instead of cursing can you press the emergency button or something" I said in between my long breaths and sudden gasps sounding irritated. 

Quickly Keshav turned the torch on his phone and flashed it to where the buttons were and pressed the emergency button heatedly. Yet, there was no response from the opposite side, Keshav kept on pressing the button repeatedly still there was no response. Around ten minutes later Keshav managed to get hold of someone, they informed us that we will need to wait in it for at least thirty minutes so they can sort the electrical default. But I was struggling to cope, the lack of oxygen, the claustrophobia and to top it all up my asthma weren't allowing me to cope. 

"Meera! Meera!!!" I heard someone shouting at me but I couldn't react to it as I lost my consciousness within a couple of seconds. Before I knew everything was black. 

                                                                                   . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

"Meera!! Meera!! Open your eyes" I heard a masculine voice trying to wake me up from my deep sleep. 

"What?" I whispered quietly. As I slowly opened my eyes I noticed a familiar face of Keshav's. Soon when I opened my eyes further my surroundings became a lot of clearer.

"Where am I?" I whispered faintly 

"Your in the hospital" Keshav replied

"What why?" I asked curiously

"Because you fainted in the elevator due to the lack of oxygen supply" Keshav replied sounding very much concerned. 

"Who asked you to bring me here?" I asked Keshav no longer whispering but fuming. 

"Because I clearly did not want you to die?"

"Why do you care whether I die or not?" 

"Meera zip it. I am not in the mood to argue with you. You will be discharged in a couple of hours ..." 

"I don't care" I replied genuinely as if I don't care

"Meera I know this is not the time to discuss our past. Yet, I want to make it clear that whatever happened in the past is our past. Therefore, I will not act inhumane when I see you in a critical state." Keshav replied very sharply.

I responded to that with folded hands and urged him to leave me alone in peace. Just as I said that Keshav stormed out of the door. I watched me leave me with tearful eyes, I didn't intend to act rude but its just my frustration and anger that is making me act so cold towards him. 

.....

Hello everyone, I am back after a long break. I know this chapter isn't great neither long but I shall soon improve it :) Please do encourage me and support me as you did in the past.