Chapter 50: Indigo

"It'll be fun now stop being such a grump and get up" I tell grey as he sulks in the bed. Bea and I have organized a double date at an ice skating rink and guess who doesn't want to go.....surprise surprise it's Greyson.

Antisocial rat.

I walk over to him and whack him on the head with a pillow, he reaches up and grabs the pillow from my hands before it makes contact with the back of his head once again and he chucks it across the room. So I do the next logical thing. I get on the bed and stand on his back.

"Get up. Get up. Get up." I repeat to him as I bounce my feet near his broad shoulders. He groans and turns over, I fall off of him and onto the mattress beside him. He chucks his arm around me and pulls me to his tatted chest.

"No...no no no, not happening, we need to go, I'm dressed and ready, get the fuck up before I stab you in the ass to kick you into motion" I say to him and he shoots me an icy glare before rolling out the bed and onto his feet and heading into the bathroom.

I'm already dressed in black skinny jeans and a racer jacket, with a black cami top underneath. I'm wearing black heels and grey walks out the bathroom with a matching color of clothes on.

He's wearing a dark green hoodie with a black jacket over the top and loose black jeans. We match.

"We do not match indigo" how did he know I was thinking that and obviously we don't match he just copied my style.

We go downstairs and ollie jumps onto greys front, grey stumbles a bit but smiles down at Ollie and Ollie beams up at him in return. It's cute the way he admires his asshole older brother.

"Belle and I got back together" he says excitedly and greys eyes turn a stormy gun metal grey.

That's funny. The grey eyes and the fact his name is grey. Welcome to indigos random as fuck thoughts. Take it or leave it. You'll learn from my weird brain. Plus I'm hot as fuck so...

"What do you mean, she dumped you didn't she, I swear to god if she does that shit again I won't hesitate to fucking kill her, kid or not" Grey says seriously and Ollie laughs at his older brothers protectiveness over looking how deadly truthful grey is being. That's what's most lethal about grey. He's so loving and kind toward his family that the fact he kills without thought and tortures like the devil himself would slip your mind if you didn't know him well.

"No, she only broke up with me because girls at school where saying things to her about us" seriously....these kids are so young and they feel pressure to do things like break up just because others told them too.

Grey nods skeptically and sets Ollie on the floor, we bid him goodbye and head outside and into the Jeep which grey has had all fixed up. He's very proud.

"Be nice to them alright" I say to him as we pull out the drive and go to where the rink is about 25 minutes away.

"I've done background checks" he tells me and I settle into my seat for the rundown on their lives he's no doubt about to give me "Maverick Carter, brought up in Dallas and moved here 3 years ago for his racing which he makes a fair sum out of every year. He's 20 years old and his mother and father were both dead beats, he was tossed around in the foster care system until he was 12 when he found a stable family who adopted him. I think something suspicious happened with them as he cut off all contact with them as soon as he left" I nod at the information and wait for the rundown on Bea.

"Bea Tuffin, raised by foster parents in Alabama she had a nice upbringing, she moved to the city 4 years ago and moved in with her boyfriend Mav last year. She works at a local bookshop and she struggles with severe social anxiety and paranoia." grey finishes and I feel a pang of sympathy for the shitty hand these two have been dealt with their lives.