Chapter 1: The One With Breakfast

Photo on the side: Lily

Werewolves are not suppose to exist, well technically they don't. At least that's what we made humans believe.

The cold bitter truth is that they do exist, along with vampires, witches and other supernatural creatures that many people haven't even thought of. They just get represented wrong in the media, they don't all stand around and howl at the moon or have all of this excessive body hair. Let's just say that if a werewolf stood in front of you, you probably won't even find out. 

Werewolves shift at the age of 14, once your body is physically able to handle the pain. The first shift is the most painful one. Your bones break, you grow fur, your nails turn into claws, fingers into paws and your mouth into a snout. After that first horrible shift it doesn't hurt anymore.

At least that's what I was told because contrary to everyone I ever know or knew, I didn't shift on my 14th birthday or any other birthday after that. That's why I didn't use the word "we" when describing werewolves, I was raised by them, born by two of them but I am not one of "them". 

Let's just say that when the pack found out they weren't that supporting. I became a slave overnight, forced to cook, clean and serve as a punching bag for when the Alpha got angry. 

My family and friends turned their backs on me. They weren't too happy that the once loved Beta family was now the family to an Omega. Packs hate having a weak link, a weak link is something that can ruin an organization. I was their weak link, they didn't kill me because of my blood line but I know that if my family was another, I wouldn't be breathing right now. 

They kicked me out of my house and made me live in the Pack house's basement along with rats. They couldn't even let me live in the attic, anywhere was better than in the dump I call a home. 

Sometimes when everyone else is asleep I sneak into the lake that is close and take a quick bath. I don't understand but it always feels like water takes my worries away. Water is my escape from this cold and bitter world. Swimming makes me feel like I am free and running away. I wish I could swim away and never come back, but where would I go? Everything I learned is here, everyone I know lives here unfortunately. 

I wished the water I bathed in healed my hidden scars, I like to imagine as I float in the lake how I am given a clean slate or even had a wolf just so I could heal these scars that has haunted me since that night when I was prepared for the pain but not for this kind. The Alpha and his friends like to take their anger out on me whether it's with a knife or with a punch. The usually target my stomach or back, somewhere that can't be seen if anyone takes a look at me.

The only person in this pack that is nice to me and helps me is my twin brother. When he goes out to shop he always brings me back new clothes so I don't have to wear the same one. Or if I outgrow the ones I already have. If it wasn't for him I would probably be running around naked and dirty and no one would even bat an eye.

Since I'm the one that cooks I always make extra so that I can eat after everyone else has finished. I guess that's the only advantage of being a slave, fending for myself. 

That is the situation I am in right now. I'm currently making breakfast for the whole pack. I make the usual eggs, bacon, pancakes and toast and placed them in the separate plates.

"Lily" I heard William's voice rip through the air. His cold Alpha tone told me this wasn't going to be a pleasant talk. Something I'm already used to. "I told you that Megan wants a fruit salad for breakfast" He growled at me and my body immediately backed away in fear.