Chapter 3: The One With Mates

Photo on the side: Logan

He growled again while his eyes skimmed down my body slowly.

He took no time in walking towards me and only stopped when he was right in front of me. My whole body was tingling because of his presence. I don't think I've ever used that word to describe how someone made me feel except for this situation.  He raised his hand and I did everything in my power not to flinch while his fingers trailed down my cheek leaving sparks everywhere he touched. 

"What's your name, love?" His husky voice said. Even his voice was perfect, and it was perfectly understandable for the physical perfection he displayed. 

Even though I'm human I could still feel the effects he did to my body but his were much stronger than mine. I've heard multiple stories of how mates feel around each other and I can only feel a grasp of that. Still, it is absolutely surprising.

"Lily" I said softly and he threw me a smile that made my heart beat faster. "Lily" He repeated after me, like he was tasting how it sounded in his mouth. "I like it" He said and I felt my cheeks turning red.

Why am I blushing? He just said he liked my name. That's it. This is so not good.

"I am Alpha Logan from the Bloodmoon pack but you can just call me Logan" He said and I swear my heart stopped beating and my face turned into a horrified expression.

He is an Alpha, THE freaking Alpha and he's stuck with a human like me. Nobody messes with Logan because he is feared, everyone knows how he defeated almost an entire group of rouges by himself. He has an amazing reputation which not many Alphas have even come close to achieving. He deserves a strong she wolf that can defend herself without his help. He deserves someone beautiful and stunning to match his beauty. He deserved someone who wasn't me.

No matter how much these thoughts hurt me, I knew they were true. And I'm sure he knows this too. I'm not good enough for him and this is going to hurt me more than what I go through daily. 

I stared at his face once again preparing myself for the rejection that is bound to come. Logan was about to say something but he suddenly went stiff and took my hand.

He dragged me through the hallway since he took way to big a step and I couldn't keep up with him. Damn he was fast. We stopped in front of a random room and stepped inside.

He locked the door behind us, pressing me against its hard surface.

"Mine" He growled pressing his face against my neck, breathing in my scent.

"Stop that" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. I tried to push him away from me but he didn't budge. "Just reject me already". I don't want to be even more hurt if we keep on talking or were even in the same presence.

"I won't reject you" His voice was low and dangerous. Was he worse than I thought? He will actually make me think he wanted me and then break my heart into a tiny million pieces.

"Well then I will. I, Lily Crawford reject you Logan Wa-" Before I could finish he slammed me harder against the wall and covered my mouth with his hand.

"Don't you fucking dare" He yelled punching the door beside my face. I flinched back, but that didn't stop him. "I am your mate and whether you like or not you are now mine. And mine means, no one touches you, no one talks to you and no one fucking looks at you" He yelled again.

His eyes locked with mine as he took deep long breaths. When he was finally calm he took a step back and uncovered my mouth.

"Why do you want me? I can't shift, I'm just human" I whispered as the tears kept on falling. I hated crying, that just shows the fact that I'm weak. 

"I'm so sorry I yelled at you, It's just that I have waited for you for so long, I don't fucking care what you are" He said while he played with a piece of my hair. "You could have been a goblin and I would still accept you as my mate".

As I stared into his eyes I could tell he was being honest. I don't know how but I could. 

"Are you sure?" I asked him with hope dripping in my every word. The tears had stopped now and I was thankful for that. Maybe I could leave this place, maybe he will reject me later but I could still be gone from here. I'll fend for myself if anything else happens I just know I won't be here, reminded of everything I would never be. 

"I'm 100% sure" He said with a big grin. He looked gorgeous smiling. "We got to tell your pack about your departure" He said moving to open the door but I immediately stopped him.

My pack doesn't deserve to know that I'm going to be happy that I have a mate after all except Austin of course. I don't know if it makes sense but I just don't think they should. I don't want them to try and stop me. The less they know the better. 

"No" I said and Logan stopped to looked at me.

I felt like hitting myself when I saw his face. His lips were turned into a frown and his eyes were filled with pain. I hurt him with that word I just know it. 

"Tell them you need a new cook and you hired me" They will probably let me go as soon as Logan asks it. They have been trying to get rid of the disappointment for a while now, especially my family. I'm surprised about how they still haven't kicked me to the curb. I'm guessing that they need someone to do dirty work and they have me to do it for them. 

"But I'm your Mate" Logan whispered for the first time and I gave him a small smile.

"Logan trust me, it's not because of you just please do it for me" I practically begged him. His  face changed completely into a smile once again. 

"I would do anything for you" He said pressing me once again against the door.

He gave me a small kiss on my cheek and then slowly trailed them down my face and down my neck until he found where he was supposed to claim me. "Very soon" He whispered before pulling away.

"Come on, let's get you packed up" Logan said clearing his throat and took my hand before unlocking the door.

I wanted to push him away and tell him to go without me that I have to stay here with Austin but I didn't. I needed this.  I have what I always wanted. I have a mate that doesn't care that I'm human and will give us a chance . Maybe I'll fit in the other pack, or I'll be even more of an outcast but I won't know until I give it a try.

And I'm pretty sure that Logan wouldn't let anyone touch me so I don't have to worry about being abused. Man my life is going to get better from now on. 

"Get your stuff, I'll talk to your Alpha" He said giving me a slight kiss on my cheek before leaving my side hesitantly.

Austin is not going to believe this.

"To live a creative life, we most lose our fear of being wrong"

- Joseph Chilton Pearce