Book 1: A Girl in Another World - Chapter 26

Quinn

Fifteen minutes later, I was in one of the washrooms with Sara and Eden. I noted the floor was designed to gently slant at a low angle so that water flowed to one side and there was a sort of depression, like a drain where it led to a hole in the wall, filtering the water outside. Whoever designed that was very clever, which meant I didn't have to worry about flooding the room.

I turned to Eden and Sara and said, "This will do. The room is large enough for at least ten to fifteen people to clean at the same time."

"We usually have to bring in buckets of water from the wells to fill one of those tubs," Eden said, pointing to the small tubs.

I said, "We won't need those." Turning around again, I continued. "I'm going to create a big tub of water so many people can use it and wash at the same time." After asking them to move back, I summoned my magic circle and started.

Moments later, a massive, wooden hot tub materialized, along with bathing water scoopers, body and face towels, bottles of face wash, bodywash, and hair shampoo and conditioner. Because the tub was incorporated with water and fire magic, warm water started to materialize and rise in the tub after I had touched on the small magic circle on the side, kind of like an on-switch button sort of thing. There was a sensor on the rim of the tub, too, so when a certain amount of water was used, the circle would automatically release more to fill again. In essence, this tub had an endless supply of warm water.

"Oh, my," Eden said.

Once the tub was filled moments later, I said, "We can use these water scoopers to rinse ourselves."

"That is a very good idea," Sara said.

"And the water is perfectly warm," Eden said. "Will it stay warm like this all the time?"

I nodded. "Mm-hmm. It's a hot tub, after all."

"Then let's get the children," Eden said, excitement in her voice.

"Before that," I said, "What about clothing? Most people have lost their homes and belongings, so I'm assuming the clothes on their backs are all they have?"

Sara nodded. "Unfortunately, yes."

"Then tomorrow after breakfast, I'll make clothes for everyone. It'll only be three to four pairs per person, but I think it'll do for now."

Eden suddenly started tearing up, and concerned, I asked, "What's wrong."

She scurried over and hugged me tightly, which surprised the bejesus out of me. Gosh, but she was one very emotional Templeton, so completely different from Aldric.

She said, "You're just so very generous, Quinn. I can't believe Aldric got you as a bride. I can't believe you're staying here and helping us when you don't even know us, and you have nothing to gain."

I chuckled, patting her shoulder, which was at the height of my face. It appeared every single one of the Templetons was tall.

"I'm Aldric's wife and the lady of Norsewood now. It's my job to help everyone."

Eden moved back and wiped her eyes.

I said, "Right, let's get the children."

Twenty minutes later, we had the children naked—except for Jonah and Leo who had their undergarments on since they thought they were too old to be washing in the nude—and wearing flip-flops. With their hair and bodies covered in bubbles, the washroom was filled with shrieking noises and giggling and the smell of fresh, clean bodywash and hair shampoo.

I was attending Abi while Elizabeth took care of Alex. Jonah and Leo did the washing themselves, since they said they were old enough. The other children were attended by Maria, Frances, Eden, Sara, and the nursemaids.