Book 2: My Lord Saves the Citizens - Chapter 64

Quinn

"Is that so?" I said. Then, because I was curious, I asked, "Do people in this world know about the cosmos like us on Earth? By that I mean as in do they study astrology and are there astronomers?"

They know the cosmos and the stars, but not in the same way as the Earthling. They use stars and their movement to predict world events and the future. Those blessed with the oracle ability by the God Kalir are consider astronomers of sorts, though they are usually referred to as a seer.

"A seer," I said. "That makes sense."

Talking about gods and blessings, now that I thought about it, I had not seen any names of deities in my status screen, which confused the heaven out of me because I knew very well that I was blessed, considering all the things I could do with my magic.

I said, "Vicky? Why can't I see any deities' names on my status screen?"

I didn't think it's important to show the names of the deities. Would you like to see them?

Now, why was a skill doing things a skill shouldn't be doing? Hiding deities' names and blessings without asking permission.

"It'd be nice to know how many deities are generous enough to bless me," I said.

I heard an exasperated sigh, which was followed by, Then perhaps you should make yourself a status card like everyone else.

"I suppose," I said and then summoned my magic. Before my eyes was a shiny silver card, and I grabbed it. I read, "Lady Quinn Fairchild, Wife of Lord Aldric Templeton, Earl of Norsewood." I chuckled. "Kind of weird yet nice at the same time to have a title in front of my name. Lady Quinn Fairchild."

I sense your ego growing just that little bit bigger.

Ignoring the comment, I scanned through the rest, bypassing my health, strength, and mana levels and went straight to the blessings part. There were Galios, the God of Death (active); Iella, the Goddess of Life (active); Adona, the Goddess of Light (active); Kalir, the God of Oracle (latent); Ela, the Goddess of Prosperity (active); Anir, the God of Fortune (active); Arena, the Goddess of Health (active); Casyn, the God of Medicine (active); Aulla, the Goddess of Healing (active); Vidros, the God of Wisdom and Knowledge (active); and Vicky, an unknown being (active).

I tilted my head to one side as I read the last one. Vicky? As in my skill Vicky? Why would it be listed under blessings and deities?

"Uh, Vicky, a question if you please," I said. "Why are you listed under deities and blessings?"

I heard an exasperated sigh. I have no clue. And that's why it's best not to look at the list.

"No, seriously, I want to know why," I said. "And clearly, I don't see any deity that gives blessing for creating things out of thin air like the way I have been doing."

Silent.

"Vicky?"

Another sigh and then, I am unsure of it myself as I am only a skill, but it's perhaps due to you from another world being blessed by so many deities. It's very rare for anyone to be blessed with death, life, light, oracle, and wisdom and knowledge all together. Those are the five great deities, and I can only imagine it's because you died and reincarnated. With the five deities together, perhaps the power merged and produced another?

"You?" I asked. "The five deities' blessings combined and produced you, which is the creation magic? So it's Vicky, Goddess of Creation Magic?"

I guess you can put it that way, but I am not a deity, so please do not ever refer to me as a goddess. Unlike a certain someone who likes a fancy title before their name, I do not. I am humble, after all.