Chapter 2

Jungkook, hums in sheer satisfaction as the smoke from his lit up cigarette fumes out through his nostrils, some of it's tobacco residue seeking their escape route by fading out through the corners of his thin pierced lip. The closest thing to a relationship he's ever had in his entire lifetime, would be that of him and his beloved narrow cylinders. In literal sense, the sticks acted like his best friends, whenever he actually wanted them to, and the feeling he derived from watching them smolder with each drag, could really be compared to nothing, absolutely nothing.

A sudden hit to the back of his skull with a notepad, instantly lurches him out from his dark fantasies.

"Ouch, what was that for?" He groaned out in agony, turning his attention to the figure now standing beside him.

"How many times have I warned you to quit smoking? Your lungs are definitely going to hear it at some point, don't you get it?"

Jungkook scoffs like the freaking menace he was, tossing the left over butt half of his cigarettes to the ground, easily stomping and crushing it to shreds with the aid of his chunky boots. "Now, I didn't do that because of you Mrs Lee, I simply did that because i was done for the day and that was probably my fourth stick if I can vividly remember. Moreover it's my break time anyways, doesn't a man deserve his peaceful smoke hours without y'all constantly interrupting him. What I'm to you? Your husband or something?"

"Normal people, eat lunch during their break time you dummy" Mrs Lee countered, hitting Jungkook over his shoulder this time.

Jungkook knew a lot better than to engage in a word off with Mrs Lee, so he just sucked it up like the nonchalant stud that he was and went with it.

Mrs Lee worked as a senior staff at the retirement home, and that was basically how Jungkook got to be acquainted with her. She was totally something else most times, the lady treated him like a son and he didn't understand why, if anything, it often made him feel quite uncomfortable. But, because she was a nice old lady and rarely did him no harm, Jungkook made sure her overly excited seal demeanor around him, wasn't much of an hassle or a bother to him.

"How was your weekend? Had some fun?"

Jungkook snorted this time, rolling his irises back into his head. "Fun? What's that? the recently discovered tenth planet?"

Mrs Lee's face instantly falls, shaking her head rather pitifully. "Boys your age are meant to have fun sometimes Jungkookie, it's not a crime to mingle and get to know some new people"

"Uh, nope! I think not, thank you" Jungkook cuts her off, not really bothering to hide the fact that he wasn't interested nor buying into an ounce of whatever it was she was so desperately trying to sell him.

"My granddaughter is a really nice girl, I normally would never introduce her to just any man because she means the entire world to me. But, just because I really like you, I think I should introduce you two, I'm certain you both will make a great pair. What do you say? Should I set up a meeting sometime? I've been trying to__"

"You've been trying to set me up on a meeting even with a frog Mrs Lee, I get it, I totally appreciate your effort in trying to get me to socialize more often, but I'm really not interested. So please stop, you may also want to begin introducing your daughter to other men before it's too late, and then boom! She's suddenly stuck at home at 37, still eating ramen off the the lid of a pan in pure regret__ughhh" he shrugs his shoulders as if trying to get rid of the eerie cold feeling that had previously crept up his spine, "that would be extremely sad ma'am"

Mrs Lee glared daggers at the promiscuous boy in front of her, the utmost urge to smack him even harder this time, was eating her up from the inside out. Although, Jungkook somehow felt the heat of the soon to launch attack, so he quickly ducks, stepping back a few paces in order to avoid impact.