Chapter 4

The tall man seated behind the huge mahogany desk, drags and puffs at it lit cigar, occasionally sparing a glance at the petite female seated on the fine Italian leather far across the room from him. Her wavy strands of dark brown hair rested perfectly just above her shoulders, the crimson red of her lips were superior to that of very ripened cherries and her body demeanor appeared__icy cold, often and usually the same.

"But, you know he still owes me" The man says, thereby infiltrating the thick silence that had since been hanging in the air. Faint smoke residues of his smoldering tobacco, could be seen dancing about in spiral waves right in front of his dark eyes.

The female could be heard chuckling sinisterly, twisting her curvy shape into a more appropriate sitting position, before bringing up both arms to knot underneath her bossoms. "And I also know that the recovered sum of money, was rightfully his in the first place" she countered, intimidatingly.

"That's were you're wrong my darling Irene" He fiercely disagrees with a snort of his stuffy nose, putting out the left over butt half of his cigar on the ash tray in front of him. "It was a deal, a simple deal that would have perfectly pulled through if he had stuck to his own end of the bargain, instead of chickening out at the very last minute to go begin a new life in God knows where exactly, and you know it"

"Still, he went head on into that mission without backup, and that wasn't even the plan in the first place. So, it's only realistic that he ended up double crossing you right after finding out you had set him up" Irene huffs out raggedly, now combing her new set of french tips through her hair. "This is the sole reason why you shouldn't have tried messing with him in the first place, it'll only take time but he always finds out. For once, you need to realize that you can never outsmart a man like him, he literally has all of us in the palm of his hand, and the sooner we recognize that, the better for us all"

The aggravated man growls venomously, hissing out in anger. "So your point is?"

"Leave him alone, that is my point exactly, you know he has been through hell and deserves atleast that much. I mean, isn't that the sole reason why he ditched us all and ended up quitting the trade in the first place?"

"The fuck no! He only acquitted himself because he was too much of a scared pussy to actually bring himself to pull the fucking glock on the people after him, not us!" The man roars, his deep baritone resonating and bouncing off the thick walls of the heavily padded room.

"Because some of those so called people after him, were actually innocent goddamnit Namjoon!" Irene yelled even louder, accompanied by her clanking her heels against the polished tiles.

The previous eerie silence returned, this time even thicker in the air that before. Both livid individuals desperately working on their heavy breathing and labored panting.

"Wait a minute, but why are you still so defensive of him even after all he's done to you?" Namjoon voices out yet again, noticing how her put up defenses came crumbling down right in front of his eyes.

She uncomfortably shifts in her seat, but said nothing. Only keeping her unfaltering gaze locked to the ground beneath her feet.

"The last time I checked, you were merely a pet to him, an unfortunate being who was continuously used and eventually discarded right after his utmost satisfaction. So tell me, why do you still hold him in such high esteem? Did you really not learn a lesson or two from your pain?"

"Shut your mouth, Namjoon" Irene manages to utter, but unfortunately her words came out merely as whispers, holding not enough gravity to them.

Namjoon snickers like a menace, reliving in his victory, his ability to easily render her powerless. "Why? Because I'm being honest with you?" He tsk, pitifully shaking his head as he continued, "You pets never know your place in the game, especially when it came to men like him, and that will forever remain a fucking problem. It's quite simple really, because it's either he will only ever need you to be on all fours for him, stark naked, bound and splayed out on the mattress in front of him just to fuel his rotten sick ass desires and voila! He's all done with you. But what did you end up doing instead? You forgot all about your morals and allowed your fragile heart fall for him? downright hilarious if you ask me"