Chapter 7

The night breeze was either exceptionally chilly, or maybe it was just the marble bench he was currently seated on. But Jungkook felt really cold irregardless, still unable to specifically pin point the actual reason for it.

He exhaled deeply, occasionally sparing a glance at the man seated next to him. He seemed lost in thoughts, and so was he actually, but non of them felt the urge to break off the thick and murky  silence hanging mildly in the air just yet.

It wasn't a bright night outside the retirement home, but thankfully the street lights were on, helping to illuminate the darkness, and making it a lot more easier for both men to see.

"I know you're dying to ask me a shit ton of questions right now" Seokjin began by saying, his eyes still fixed on the tall trees in a distance.

Rapidly adjusting in his seat, Jungkook snorted disapprovingly. "No, I'm not, why would I?" He snarled, although he was certain neither he nor Seokjin was buying into his facade.

Without words, Seokjin nodded, his lips curving up into a smug grin.

"Okay fine, I am!" Jungkook eventually gave in, enthusiastically propping himself up from his previously slouching posture. "Who is she? Your mom? Grandma? Aunt?" He inquired nonstop, his long lashes batting continuously in anticipation.

"Non of the above, sorry"

"So__?" Jungkook trailed off impatiently, waving his hands in a circular motion.

"Thinking back at it, I never really had parents growing up for as long as I can remember, sometimes it makes me think that I might have been invented rather than conceived, because I have no memory of them at all. Although, Nana once told me they'd both been involved in a plane crash when I was still just a baby"

Jungkook corks his neck sideways in confusion, his head protruding to take a better look at the man's face. Was that supposed to be an accurate answer? Because he sure as hell wasn't making any sense from what he'd just heard.

"Hmm, so, she's your grandmother then?"

Seokjin shook his head yet again, his body eventually turning in the direction of the very inquisitive boy. "You really won't quit bugging me about it until I tell you everything, will you?"

Jungkook immediately shook his head, of course he wasn't going to.

"I mean, you looked kinda sad seated beside her like that, so I figured she must be somebody really important to you. But right now, you're really not doing any justice with the info you're letting out"

"Woah, your mouth" Seokjin couldn't help but state the obvious again, even though Jungkook already knew that.

Jungkook nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders, there was no shame in being who he was. "Well, this isn't the first time you've said that and you're not the only person who says that either. So, at this point I think it's about time I get presented with a placard that reads, big mouth"

Seokjin infamously seizes the opportunity to burst out laughing. And after a short while, he continued. "Nana used to be my nanny, she came by my parents house to take me for the weekend whenever they got too busy. But after their demise, nobody from either of their families ever came to lay a claim on me, so she obviously had no choice but to keep me. And just like that, she practically became my mother, I lived with her until I turned seventeen before leaving home for good because life got even harder. She was such an amazing woman, she made sure i was never starved, took absolute care of me, and loved me like her own son"

Jungkook couldn't help the wave of pity that instantly flooded his heart, not that he allowed any bit of it show, but still he felt it irregardless.

"And the kid?"