SORRY NOT SORRY

~|| Try me - Tems||~
         Take all my mind ..ooh trial

                         POV: Anita

Old things have passed away and the rest is NIGERIA

Scratch that
Old things have passed away and the "GEN Z" has come to take over

A whole 21st century in the mud only because some old man keeps  complaining about our obsession with TikTok.

The actual problem isn't TikTok, Instagram or Twitter, neither is it about  Lexus 350, range Rover cars, Bugattis even iphones or television ,the problem is that you're too old to wiggle your waist Infront of a  camera ,that's if you know how to use a phone without yelling for help.

Yes the man I speak of is my father.
I'm Nigerian, certainly gen z, unique and just trying to make impact in my little way but I'm a Nigerian teenage girl and automatically controversial so...

Just then Nepa takes light

I have a torch don't worry everyone;
All things present my a**, the whole world would change but NEPA has sworn not to, they have no business with evolution.

“Is this meant to be a graduation speech or a suicide note?” my elder sister asks, actually cousin but it's Nigeria, we are all brothers and sisters and everyone older than you is your aunty  and uncle or at least Ma and Sir.

If by mistake I greet someone older than me and I address them by their name, I'm automatically going to be cursed, I'll never find a husband and I'll be poor forever like marriage is a poverty alleviation scheme for women. The kind of bastard money I'm looking forward to is the one that I can text Bill Gates what's popping or DJ cuppy who is your Daddy, better still hit Rema up with the line "send your account babe" emphasis on the babe.

Both I answer at the end, Dami it's either a suicide note or a school speech but the end result is all things present.

“Is that supposed to be a title Anita, after all the school fees you don't know speeches like the one you're supposed to write doesn't need to be titled.”

“That's not my business Dami at the end I'll just spare some notes and spray it to the crowd so they can clap and forget half the shit I said.”

Sense you no get, money you no get how you want take get future My cousin says throwing a pillow

“Na only money I dey think of  make I run my school thing.”

My cousin screams how much is money laughing. More exciting Nepa decided to grace us with a flash.

How person go take get bright future wit this kind light
Author of my life just dey play
God Abeg na just small joke, no too take me serious
Everything na God Abeg level I dey

“But for real Damii
I've been trying to write this speech but unfortunately there's nothing fortunate enough to write about being young in Nigeria.”

Have you seen my nail polish she ask looking around totally being oblivious.

“ sorry sorry, you were saying?" She asks on seeing the cruel look on my face.

Back to the main deal, I'm suddenly the topic of the town if I break some rules and my female teachers tend to remind me about where my skirts to reach, they ; the world infact should focus on politicians and whistle blowers or Davido Vs wizkid, Elon musk or Delcan rice, some celebrities nudes , Nigeria's election, increase in house of assembly members salary, you know the ironic stuff , the rich gets richer , how getting a job is difficult, asuu strike or something but definitely not on a Nigerian girl especially when she mistakenly thinks about dating and this is meant to be my punishment.

“Hmmm Anita you know the trouble you've gotten yourself into, university is a bigger step to life, can't you just end this episode of your life calmly, make your speech simple straight to the point at least and apologetic for the mess you've made this SS 3. Leave calmly like a ghost let them not notice you again but mumu you no go gree.
Miss feminist or independent but you still dey ur papa house dey do house girl for free.” she says picking up the pillow to place it properly on the bed.

“Na last born I be, no be curse.”

“But seriously how do you tend on hiding this from mummy, you know she'll find out on your graduation day.”

“That one no concern me. Wetin dey ground na how to hide the....

Just then my typical Nigerian mum barges into the room, looks around and close the door.

Why are Nigerian parents the way they are ? 

                                  .
                                  .
                                  .
***********
Authors note

Money you no get, sense you no get how you wan get future  [you have neither money or the brains to make it in life how do you think you can hold on to a promising future]

By now you should understand the Nigerian concept and I'm very sorry if ur not used to pidgin English

First book on Wattpad, tell me what you think about it
I know it's too early to ask but feedbacks would be nice

Thank you for choosing my book
I hope you enjoy it 🥺

🦋⚡🦋