Bank on it

~ dedicated to Okah Ibifuro~

     ~||Bank on it by Burna boy ||~

Dem dey call me bankole cause I walk around with a bank on me..... defend me from my neighbors

Thursday,  4pm 

Give and it shall be given unto you, we do not fear cause we know our God, we don't fear lack.....

I hear the preaching as I walk into the church, laughing this man would never know what hit him.

I patiently seat in the church waiting to strike. Pastor Sampson of Crown city church, one who wants to be a politician and change this country some day by his preachings and hold on important positions in government. I have nothing against him, infact he has done a lot of charity and shown a lot of love to both Christians and atheist, poor and rich. But my own business is not in his life history but in what I can obtain from his life. If only he knew I've come to deceive him, he would have rebuked me right here right now.

Finally after patiently waiting for the service to be over it ends and I even dropped my offering. I walk into his office after a long wait.

“sir I was listening and I truly want to give my life to Christ now.”

He smiles wiping his face with an handkerchief, just then a  number saved as son Paul calls him. Before he could pick I quickly continue speaking.

“Sir on Thursday coming to a church just to hear the word seems to be unnecessary to me before but now I understand, I was given a flier for a special Thursday service and it touched my heart to be here.”

“If you want to truly give your life to Christ, what matters is your heart, set it in the right position, accept Jesus into your life and submit your ways and thoughts to him, now repeat after me

LORD
lord

COME INTO MY LIFE

Come into my life...

I repeat word for word as his son is being kidnapped by my men, this man doesn't know what is coming.

“Thank you so much Sir, I feel at peace.”

“well that's just the beginning, if you want more with God you seek him diligently, ask for his presence and grow a relati.....

At this point I felt like retreating but I'm already too deep into the world. Immediately I'm done with all this I promise I would go far away.

*********

Mr Segun seats in a bar looking like a lost puppy, not caring about who he is but how to dilute his pain with a good drink.

“Give me a shot.” he tells the bar attendant.

“Make it a double for daddy and I, I'll pay.” Carmel says with a worried expression.

On hearing her voice, he looks to the side to see his friends daughter and in his destitute state asks her.

  “Are you following me Hadiza ?, does your father know you are here he says  further drinking the first shot fast.

“You walked out of the bank with quite a show, wanted to find out if you were ok and why you seem troubled.”
He drinks the second one, taking out the lime.

“What do you know about shows and being troubled.” for one she her self is putting up a show but his little brain hasn't thought it through.She looks towards the bar attendant with a signal which lives him to get  more drinks.

You could tell me anything if you're really that stressed she says but all she waits is for him to get drunk enough to call a few girls to keep him busy all night. Busy enough to snatch his prideful son away from him.

**********

Thursday, 8pm

I arrive at Ja*i boat club in Abuja, with a long golden backless dress with sleeves, I walk in gracefully into a small dinner party in a yacht with two bodyguards I hired, no guard tries stopping me. Obviously an uninvited guest but these lazy guards wouldn't know especially when I'm dressed the part. 

It's a small congratulatory event to Segun Bello's son for winning the same contract Shola lost after his death. Guess business is business, I take a seat on the only empty chair there, probably meant for someone else, but no one has noticed.

I am thankful for my strategic planning which got me this deal he says ending his speech before saying cheers which leads everyone to raise their glass and walk towards him to congratulate him.

I walk towards him as well before saying cheers while letting my glass kiss his, while trying to take a good look at my face I speak up in a soft tone

“Congrats.” as he takes a sip while I drink nothing from my cup, before he finally speaks.

“Sorry my angel but I don't remember inviting a damsel like you.”

“Adeboyo Segun Bello you should google my name Anita, Anita Benson.”

He looks confused trying to put a face to the name as if I'm not standing right Infront of him.
“ I could swear I've heard your name somewhere.”

“Again, congratulations.”

I laugh walking away to go back to the empty seat, crossing my leg I look at the wine in my glass.

“How cheap huh.”I whisper into the ear of the lady who is seated beside me. Good thing I bring my own alcohol, I says with two fingers up.

This signals my bodyguard, who brings out a bottle ( Johnnie Walker Double Black Blended Scotch Whisky) which makes the waiter to come to my table and pour a little into my cup.

The lady seated besides me suddenly looks at me wondering who I am or at least wondering where I got my audacity from. Sipping a little I  stands up, excusing myself while exchanging glances with Mr Abdul Somalia who finally comes to speak to me.

“Sorry have I met you before.”

“ Instead of finding my identity, try checking for your son pastor.” he can change the idea that you can be a pastor and still be politically active which he always says which is non of my business. I know nothing about spirituality nor enough on politics.

Paul would be sad to hear his father hasn't noticed his absence

What do you mean?

“A court case would be coming up all you have to do is breath out lies after swearing on a Bible and I'll try to return your Paul in one piece.” he gets a call from an unknown number. 

Pick it I say walking away knowing they have successfully taken Adebayo Segun Bello's fathers money, gotten a witness and all that's left is to make sure evidence dey, I hope we succeed without any issues.

*****

Hi darlings💕💘🌹
Thank you for reading to this point and voting as well, but that's not all cause I have a surprise gift for you. Right after the next chapter.

Thank you my  loves 💋💗💗