PEACE

~||Peace - Brown Joel||~

Gimme peace no dey drain my spirit,you for be the sepe wey dey high my spirit...ogogoro don dey kill man finish

ANITA'S POV

If you do not sleep because you do not want to die, you will die because you don't want to sleep.

I drop the beautiful flowers on his lifeless body, no matter how beautiful or well crafted a coffin might look, it will not make anyone wish for death, fare well Shola.

Rest in peace. If the heavens forget you at least let hell welcome you with open arms,the pain of rejection is almost equal to death ;even if the fire of hell will hurt you let it not reject you like the dust of the earth has done to you.

Tosin rubs my back with sympathy before he speaks
"the end result really doesn't let you go with even a pin, only the wishes of peace and prayers of your loved ones; what happens when there's no one to love you.

My black long dress which signifies mourning, unlike the old men with which grandchildren will wear a common material and eat rice.

He was young and thriving, but death didn't care when it came knocking, no tears left in my eyes, I've cried enough.

I turn to the woman practically wailing behind me with her son, without saying a word to Tosin I move to the lady

"Ma!
I call out as she turns to me, trying to sympathize with her I take a seat next to her holding onto her hand

When she yells out in pain

"Why does death cheat me each time?!
I called for her slay every night but she didn't come, life sent another savior to me In the form of Shola and death took him as well

" look at my son, she says pointing towards a young boy before she continues, he's barely 14, Shola was supposed to pay for a scholarship to his university level but look now

"Ma don't worry God will make away I say.

"What way, he took my husband I pleaded to him, take me instead and when I thought life was changing he took Shola; I should have prayed for long life for him first instead of a good wife.

Who am I to have a conversation about prayer, I have only prayed selfish prayers and never for someone else, the closest I've come to praying for another is praying for my destiny helper but again who am I to pray, the sins I've committed would land me to hell if God really did exist.

"Ma if he has payed for his secondary school then why bother about the future, in due time everything would fall in place, please give me your number if there's anyway I can help.

She gives me her number with her Nokia phone carefully calling out each number.

She's suddenly a sad story cause of a mans death, if she established herself before her marriage rather than depending on her late husbands daily bread to feed a nation, just maybe she wouldn't have been as miserable as this but again I can't judge, who knows what she has gone through?

His friends, business partners and the pastor all in different corners, conversing and cheering up one another. I turn to his father who sat without whimpers, tears or even a frown

Although the old man isn't smiling, there's no emotions to show his only son is gone, he already lost his wife to this same son's birth and now he sits to witness his death. No one wishes to leave this world before their child.