Not An Angel

~ Dedicated to king ITP's Essence~

~||Not An Angel by tems||~
I'm not an angel, I'm just a girl that knows the truth

"Gold diggers .....dig the gold, na sand we one dig."

ANITA'S POV

After a few weeks of spending like there's no tomorrow I finally decided to stay home, besides Ada was coming to visit. We've been talking but not like before, all of a sudden she's now my broke friend always asking for one thing or the other. But I need a break from all the mess, the court case, the bloody chip and who ever is blackmailing me, the moment I said I want to join Shola's games I lost my peace, if I can't have it back I might as well enjoy the money I sold my peace for.

I walk downstairs to the parlour to see her watching TV comfortably, before I blurt out the uneasy words from my lips

" Ada!, You just come my house come watch tv you no even see me."

" who you be wey I wan see. She says with a  friendly smile. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to Shola's burial, my mom was in the hospital, one bill after the other and that my broke ass Dr jombo fiance..

"The one that has been engaged to you since your SS 2."

"Yes him."

"But you're foolish ooo."

“Let me finish before you insult me and finish...

“Oya finish.”

“Mmmm we broke up na, oga is already married, he has just been playing with me, she says sitting up.

I went to ask him for help with my mother's hospital bills and he left his phone in the room while he was in the toilet, hmmm my sister if I tell you men are evil believe me, if I say run , my dear run....

“What happened now?.”

“His plumber called, I thought I was doing him a favor, I picked the call and then things started unfolding...

“Eheeeee.”

“Women are like warms, pour a little salt on them and they start shaking,  that's what he texted to his friend about me and the most painful part is he has two sons and his wife is currently pregnant.

Poverty streaking girl?, She says bitterly touching her chest. Mee,
Gold digger, mtcheeeeeeew.”

“Abeg dig the gold, na sand we one dig.”

“He get gold sef, I  was in SS 2 in a government school was he expecting me to be buying him a wrist watch as a birthday gift, na so thief life dey start and he was just some stupid mechanic that gained admission to Uniport then. The painful fact is his password. His password is his first sons birthday and me mumu I dey trust man, never once did I check his phone.”

“And what did you do?, I'm sure you walked out.”

“Me ke I deleted his wife's call  from his call log, took my money and left, Poor to rich couple ;all lies and his kids will be wondering why daddy isn't home every night.”

“But I wonder shaa , why where you wasting time thinking you'll be in a serious relationship at that age and he was your husband, delulu prof...

“Omooo, Na me do mistake.”

E for pain me pass if you dey faithful, what about that other broke boy?

“My side chick, see he thinks me dumping him is the end of my life, he'll make money and I'll still be broke waiting for him.
My lord forbids.”

“Poverty is a mindset, but you sef you broke oo, depending on one guy or the other.”

“But see na he's not even thinking of having a steady business, just lazy stagnant dreamer looking for love on an empty stomach.”

"Hungry boy, didn't you eat in your past life... I for ask am  I say biting the tip of my finger.

"Every day I sip shege with groceries at the side, on good days he texts have you not eaten and on bad days he texts if you don't eat I would not eat ooo, you rick of poverty uhhh."

"makes promises like a politician, I will build bridges where they are no waters he says, my sister make it make sense."

"be like say na English problem dey worry am, abi na Nigeria's sun, sha who are we to judge."

Just then Tosin badges into the house, na me do mistake tell security to always let you in I say pointing at him as  he walks towards me pouting his lips.

“love I came to get you out of this house.” he says switching the tv off

Adah turns to me “so true, I need a drink badly; common Ani let's drink away all the pain in our chest.”

Just one drink I say getting up grabbing my car key from the table when I get a call from an unknown number.

My heart immediately stops beating when I pick the call, the silence from the other side stabbed me 99 times   before hearing a deep voice say

“Nigbati o ba gbadura lalẹ, gbadura si mi.”(when you pray tonight, pray against me) my shallow understanding of the Yoruba language got me more scared and alert. It's better to be around people than alone in the house I thought to myself.

*********

On seeing Tosin's of and on gold digging girlfriend in his car everything automatically irritated me. Ada being a single Pringle  with me Immediately catches my expression as we  look into each others eyes when Ada  finally speaks up.

“Being single did not pain me till now,
I give them one months they go break up.”

“one months?, two weeks least.
This small devil.”

“Her mumu wig, see may they born her with sense in her next life.”

“No dey pray for her curse her.” I know I  just had an entire conversation to justify Ada being a gold digger but truth be told it's just different when the guy in the picture is your friend, especially one you genuinely want the best for.

Ada goes to stand beside my car waiting but before Tosin could get into his car I drag him to the side to speak to him hoping I show more concern than jealousy.

"Is that you really don't have sense kpata pata or you have it and you have refused to use it.
No be insult ooo, like some have food but cannot eat, some can eat but have no food, in the same way some have sense but cannot use it, some can....

"You look like someone that is lacking love." He says catching the idea.

"its your failed dreams that looks like it's lacking something."

"Guy chill it's just a joke." he says scratching his head.

" You are the joker and your destiny is the joke, Mr funny guy use your joke and make money."

“Ani mama, face your issues and I face mine, don't worry about me cause na just game, na you be my real babe.” 

I look at him up and down before I hiss, better go before your babe thinks other wise I say. Tosin has always been a natural flirt just like my Shola, you truly love only once I think remembering my Shola. I've been unable to not see Tosin as more than a friend and all of a sudden I think about him more than I should, is it because he reminds me of Shola sometimes or something else I think to my self. “I just want one night away from all the mess.” I say tiredly underneath my breath.

***********

.
.
.

Don't forget to check out ALL THINGS PRESENT Playlist on Spotify and Audiomack 🌻🦋🌻