33

"He said what?!" Nate yells angrily,

"He said that if I didn't bond to him and to his bond-mates then he'd have to kill me and I have about two weeks to make a decision,
then when those two weeks are over he's coming with his bond-mates and either having me join him to kill you three, or will kill all four of us"

"Three?" Jordan asks sarcastically, "It was you two idiots who got his girl hooked on bli-" Jordan states but gets cut off by a smack on the arm from Reece.
"Don't even bother he told me about the venom scale and how you two got Rose hooked on bliss which caused her death because she couldn't handle the withdrawal"
Reece and Nate both look down awkwardly in shame.
"What are we going to do?" Jordan asks, breaking the awkward silence.

"We're going to fight back" Nate states,

"But we don't know how many Vampires he's bonded into his circle" Reece says.

"His circle?" I ask,

"You've been calling them his bond-mates but really it's called a circle" Nate says.
"He's probably got quite a few Vamps" Reece adds.

"Are you three in a circle?" I ask,

"No"

"Why not?"

The three share pained expressions before looking up at me.

"We were"

"What happened?"

"Somethi- something bad happened so we broke the bond and ran away" Nate says, his voice full of ancient emotions.

I open my mouth to ask what the "something" was but Jordan gives me the slightest shake of his head so I shut my mouth.

"What else did he tell you?" Reece asks darkly,
I watch him confused at his tone but answer none the less.

"He told me about the three types of bonds; BloodSlave, Vampire(s) to vampire(s) bond, and Mate to Mate" I answer, "as well as telling me about bliss and the venom scale".

The three stay silent as if in thought, "why didn't any of you tell me about bonds? Or that when you bite you release venom?"
"We-" Jordan starts but shuts his mouth as if unable to think of an answer.

"We wanted you to live as normal of a life as you could for as long as you could, telling you about bonding and biting isn't exactly the ticket to a normal life"
"Well keeping me in the dark wasn't what I wanted"

"Sorry"

"It's ok" I sigh.

"We have to get in contact with Aspen" Reece states suddenly,
I look to him in confusion but when I turn to look at Jordan and Nate they both share a look of consideration.

"She won't want to talk to us we didn't get her consent before breaking away" Jordan says his voice thick with emotion,
"Well it's probably the only chance we have" Reece snaps back quickly.

Nate looks between the two of them "your probably right Reece",

"Who's Aspen?" I ask.

The three look at me with wide eyes as if they'd forgotten that I'm here.

"She's an ancient vampire from our past"

"Oh ... okay" I reply knowing that for now that's all I'm going to get.

⋆⋆⋆

"What do you mean she can't stay here?" Carter snaps at Jordan.

"Like I said something has come up that has put Lydia's life in danger and she can't risk living out in the open like this at the moment" Jordan replies,