19

"Lydia wake up" a smooth voice whispers.
"Mph" I mumble tiredly, then press the pillow to my face.
"Lydia wake up" the voice repeats,

I sigh, turn over and squint at the figure leaning over me.

"Valentina?" I ask,

I sit up awkwardly, pushing the covers away.
"Training is best at this hour-" she pauses,
"Change into these" she says holding up a pile of clothing.

"W-what are we training for?" I mumble, while slowly rubbing the sleep out of my eyes

"Lydia have you met any other vampires?"

"No" I mumble,

"Well I'll just tell you right now they're not all as civilized as Reece, Nate, Jordan and I"

"Oh"

"And because you've been hanging out with such old vampires, it means you'll meet more old vampires assuming you live through your trans-" she pauses,
"And all ancients are trained and highly skilled" she explains.

A million questions pop into my head.... well maybe just like a couple but whatever.

"Wait how old are you guys? Why wouldn't I live through the trans? No one said anything about me not making it..."
"Okay so first off never ask a vampire their age, just like for humans it's not a proper question to ask or be asked" she pauses waiting for a response.

"Sorry" I murmur,

"Second, you'll make it through the trans Lydia, your strong enough and you were born with Vampirism in your blood. The vamps that have a higher percentage of dying durning their trans are the vamps that got turned by bite".

"Oh"

"Yeah so I'll be waiting outside, find me when you've changed" she says, then turns and walks out the door swiftly shutting it behind her.

⋆⋆⋆

"Ahhh" I scream as a silver shape flashes past my head and slams into a tree behind my head.

"WHAT THE HELL" I yell.

Valentina appears right in front of my face pinning me to the tree.

"Do not curse at me" she hisses,

"S-sorry" I murmur.

She lets go of me and places her hand on the dagger wedged in the tree, she then swiftly pulls it out and slides it into a sheath around her ankle.

"When am I going to need to know how to avoid getting hit with a silver knife?" I ask jokingly,
"When ancients that don't like My brother or his friends, and believe me there are quit a few, come looking for them. If your around, which you always are. They won't just ignore you they will try to kill you as well"

"W-why what did the boys do?"

"They caused trouble in our world. Then they disappeared".

"Theirs a whole world of Vampires?" I ask.

"Yes, well within the human world we have created our own"

"Oh" I reply simply, pushing the strange thought to the back of my brain so that I can concentrate.

"Ok well in that case lets get on with the training" I say,
Without a moments hesitation she pulls the knife out of her sheath and brings her eyes up to mine, her features fall blank.
I raise an eyebrow, then quickly and swiftly before I can do anything she plunges the knife into my thigh.

Nothing can or ever would have prepared me for the pain and utter shock that comes along with the swift movement.

I cringe back and scream.