41

[ Back to Lydia's P.O.V ]

I slowly take in my surroundings as the world begins to spin back into focus.

"Lydia! Your awake" Carter states happily as he stands up from somewhere and makes his way towards me.
I slowly sit up in confusion as I take in my surroundings.

I'm sitting in my room in the cabin, everything looks exactly the same.

"C-Carter?" I breathe uneasily, he carefully pushes me back down into the mattress and pulls the covers back up over my shoulders.

"What happened?" I ask worriedly,
He locks his eyes with mine "you've been through so much just lay here and rest".

"No way! Why are you here? Tell me what the hell happened" I demand, my voice hoarse and raw.

I watch him as he lets out a sigh and runs his hands through his ruffled brown hair.
"A girl named ... Amelia? Came looking for me and explained everything that happened, then brought me here after I demanded that she had absolutely no other choice but to bring me straight to you" he explains.

"Wait Amelia? She's alive? Wait what about Jordan, Reece and Nate?" I demand worriedly.
He just watches me silently, at this I push myself up and out of the bed.

"No Lydia! What are you doing?", "Are they okay? Is Jordan alive?" I ask worriedly.
I quickly make my way towards the door and push myself through, ignoring my throbbing headache and Carter's protests.
"Lydia!" Carter's voice comes from behind me as he follows me out but I ignore him as I make my way through the hall looking for the boys.

"Really Carter? You had one job and that was to keep the healing girl in her damn bed" Reece states from a few feet away.
My eyes dart towards his exhausted face.

Before my mind can even muster a thought together my body has lunged towards the raven haired boy.

"Hey" he says amused, I continue to hold onto the boy for dear life.

"I'm so glad your not dead! What happened? Is Jordan alive?" I ramble.

"Come with me" is all he says before grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door and into the forested yard with Carter in tow.

As the cool wind hits my face and my hair whips out behind me I glance around at the large group of faces that stare back at me.

"Ah Lydia I'm glad you're finally awake" Aspen announces from the head of the group. Her mate Christopher stands beside her watching me as well.

I search the crowd for two specific faces however when my gaze lands on two familiar faces one of the two brings a small volt of shock to my body.

Set apart from the group and sitting on the dock are two familiar forms.
I ignore my spinning head and sore limbs. I run as fast as I can towards the dock.
As soon as he senses me approaching, Jordan turns, stands and jogs to meet me.

I fall into him as his arms tightly circle around me.
"I thought something had happened to you" I breathe into his shoulder.

"I'm fine" he whispers into my ear.

"I-I thought something had- had happened to you" I repeat my voice choking on the words.

"Shh I'm fine. It's all going to be fine, Nick's dead" he adds.
I pull back but don't leave his arms,
"h-he's dead?" I ask.

"Yes I made sure of that" a familiar voice states from behind Jordan.

I freeze.

Then pull away from Jordan and look behind him to the bruised-up raven haired girl standing behind him.