13

The sweet bursts of flavourful smells take over my senses as I make my way out of the cabin to see the camp.

The tree line at the edge of the forest, that the camp is in, opens up to a giant crystal blue lake.

The glass-like water swirls in with the pink, orange and green reflections of the beautiful sunset and the white cotton like clouds mix with the beautiful blues of the water.

In the distance the glass-like surface morphs into small ripples that rustle the lake reeds.

The pathway back from the lake opens up to a giant field where five rows of scattered cabins sit, each row with six cabins.

The girls get the first two rows of cabins, the teachers and volunteers get the third row and the guys get the last two rows of cabins.

I walk back towards the cabin I was assigned to when we arrived along with three other girls:

Jess, Kylie and Elliot.

Since my friends are pretty much all guys, I don't spend much time with any of the girls in my year.

It's not just because I'm more comfortable around guys and there's way less drama, but because in eighth grade the majority of my female classmates started to notice the fact that my two good friends Adrien and Carter were hot and single.

Except Carter didn't give any of them the time of day and I think they started to use me as the reason for that.

Adrien would go along with the flirting but it wouldn't actually go anywhere.

However out of all the girls in my year I've got the three other girls that I don't mind.

Jess, Kylie and Elliot are really close friends.

Jess has a short but bulkier build, black hair and an olive skin tone,

Kylie has a strong southern accent, long wavy strawberry blonde hair, and a tall thin frame.

Elliot is probably my favourite out of the three of them, I know her the best because we were lab partners about a month ago for a big science project.

Her casual wardrobe consists of sweat pants, sports jerseys, leggings and baggy sweaters, her skin is fair with an olive tint, she usually wears her giant puff of black frizzy hair down to her mid-back.

"What time did they say dinner was?" Jess asks in between yawns.

"6 O'clock"

"That's in ten minutes"

"Wanna head down now?" Elliot asks to no one in particular.

"Sure I'll come with you" I chime in while standing up and following her out the door.

After a minute of walking, the giant lodge that were supposed to meet at for meals comes into view.

"Who are those guys that are always with you?"

"Carter and Adrien?"

"No, I mean the other ones"

"Jordan, Nate and Reece?"

"Yeah them I guess"

I look over to see if there's jealousy in her gaze but the only emotion in her green specked hazel eyes is curiosity.

I smile before continuing,

"Just some close friends of mine from out of school, well except for Jordan"

"Oh yeah I think he's in my gym class, he's really fast but he always tries to dial it down I don't know why"

"I bet"