06

"Ok you ready?" Jordan asks.

We stand at the edge of the forest staring into the bright greens that smell of pine and cedar and well ... Nature obviously.

Grinning, I nod replying with a "Yes".

"Ok, don't even think about it just follow me" he explains,

I nod.

He looks over at me smiling

"Hey Lydia"

I look over at him and just like that he disappears into the forest.

Lifting my feet from the ground I begin to sprint after him.
The wind dances through my hair as I whip through the thick trees.

Everything's a bright green blur as I run. The sun comes through parts of the branches, shining onto my face. I continue running at an extremely inhuman pace.

⋆⋆⋆

"I was never bitten" I blurt out.

Jordan stands against a tree, with arms crossed, his white hair wind blown, staring at me with a confused gaze.

Once I'd found him, he'd already been sitting waiting for me.

"What" he ask with a raised brow.

"I was never bitten" I repeat, continuing I say

"In stories, they say to become a vampire you must be bitten or whatever, and aren't vamps supposed to be like ... dead?"

He looks at me for a minute before explaining, "Vampirism is usually inherited from a family member-" I cut him off

"But no one in my family is-" I pause sadly "was a vampire" I explain.

"Do you know that for sure?" he asks, but without waiting for a reply he continues

"Someone can be born with the vampire gene but never experience it. Between the ages of usually fourteen to eighteen vampirism can be triggered by a traumatic event".

He pauses to look at me to see if I'm absorbing the information.

"Wait so a traumatic event as in...-"

"Your sister" he states

Looking down I just nod in reply.

"For others it could be, murder, death of family member, a fire, ect" he explains.

"Wait so only if you have a family member who's been triggered can you be triggered yourself?" I ask confused,

"Yeah but it doesn't have to be a direct relative it could be someone from 100 years ago. All that matters is that the Vampirism gene is somewhere in your family tree" he replies

"And also I guess your technically not dead either" he says with a smile

⋆⋆⋆

"So where do you want me to drop you off?"

Jordan asks from the driver's seat of his black Porsch.

He'd driven me out to the forest earlier to help me practice my speed under the cover of the forest.

"Um remember when you came through the window of that house?" I ask

"Yup. Is that where you want me to take you?"

I nod in response.

I tap my fingers against my knee to the beat of a new Maroon 5 song playing on the radio,

while thinking about what Jordan had said earlier about Vamps.

Who in my family had been a vampire?

Did my sister know about Vamps?

Had my parents known?

The thoughts fill my head to the point of a headache. I lean forward placing my hand against my temple.

"You alright?" Jordan asks

Is that worry in his voice?

"Um yeah just a headache. I have so many questions for my parents and even my sister but they can't answer them for me" I sigh

"Ya, but I'm sure you'll figure it out in time" he says.

Carter's street comes up and Jordan turns the car down the road, pulling up to the house's drive-way.

Opening the car door and stepping out I start towards the house's door. I look over to see Jordan walking right beside me.

With one knock the door opens to a grinning Adrien.

"Hey Lydiaaa" he says

"Hey" I say back rolling my eyes

With the mention of my name Carter appears behind him looking past me and glaring at Jordan.

Looking back at Jordan he's already glaring back at Carter.

Adrien notices the rude staring between the two boys and extends his hand to Jordan.

Jordan takes it.

"Adrien" Adrien says proudly, As I roll my eyes.

"Jordan" He replies with his own name,

Adrien's eyes light up with mischief. As soon as I notice it, my eyes narrow to thin slits.

"Adrien-" I begin in a warning tone but he cuts me off,

"Oh Jordan you must be the White haired, possible drug addict weirdo that my two friends here have been arguing about 24/7" he finishes giving me a toothy grin.

I face palm as he continues

"However I am very glad you came along because I was starting to worry we were going to have to find Lydia a job as a nun somewhere but it's all good now with her crush on you and all" he says with a quick wink at me.

Stepping forward I step on his foot.

"I'm going to go upstairs and call Mai to update her on your behaviour in the last five minutes" I state putting on the most serious face I can with my cheeks turning a deep shade of red from embarrassment.

I walk through the door past the now slightly paler, worried Adrien and the still stiff Carter.

Without a look back at Jordan I run up the stairs to the guest room where I sleep and lock the door behind me.

I'll probably die from embarrassment.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Image of Lydia to the side. :)