38

"Wake up darling" an unfamiliar voice hums softly. "Mmph not yet" I murmur, still mostly asleep.
"Darling you've already missed the meeting and now your missing the battle practice" the same voice adds.
At this I squint up at the unfamiliar face peering down at me.
I jump up, clawing the bed covers up and over my body.
I stare up at the woman's face now fully awake.
"Sorry but who are you?" I ask, taking in her long black hair that spills over her shoulders, her pale skin, and her olive green eyes.
"I'm Amelia Hunter" she states, "I'm Lydia" I say back.
She sends me a smile "I know that, I was sent to wake you".
I watch her in silent confusion for a second before realizing who she must be, "are you one of Aspen's circle members?".
"Yes, we're all here so hurry up" she says, then throws an unfamiliar outfit at me.
"What's this?" I ask, "your new uniform, put it on its easy to move in for fighting".
Fighting ... all this talk about avenging Valentina and killing Nick and I've never actually thought about the: me fighting part.

It's been about ten minutes since Amelia woke me. I now walk towards the cabin door that leads to that back forested area.
I pull at my sporty clothing.
It's basically just dark exercise clothes. Black Lulu sweatpants, hot pink sports bra and a loose workout tank.
I open the door and am surprised to find the area swamped with beautifully-fierce people in hand to hand combat.

I'd say that there are about forty people, each person is paired up in groups of two or three just ... fighting.

Some have knives, some with long blades, and some with nothing but their; arms, legs and ... teeth?
I watch as one girl lunges as her parter, causing the two to topple to the ground. She then puts her partner into an arm lock and barres her canines just above her partners neck. Just when I think she's about to bite however she releases her partner, exchanges a smile and looks up at me.
The woman's familiar olive green eyes smile up at me.
"Amelia?" I ask surprised to find that the woman that had woken me up just moments before could be a cold blooded killer.
"So you've already met?" A familiar voice states. I look up to find Aspen watching me, "yes Miss Aspen, I was sent to wake her up this morning" Amelia answers.
"Good" Aspen says kindly, "I was hoping for you to be her trainer".
"Trainer?" I ask confused, "Lydia you need some practice fighting someone other than your hand full of boyfriends so that when the time comes to really fight you're ready".
I choose to ignore her comment about Jordan, Reece and Nate and instead just nod my head in agreement.
After Aspen has walked away Amelia raises her brow at me "boyfriends?".

I give her another up and down, she looks about my age I can probably have her as a friend. Considering that my only female friend; Elliot hasn't spoken to me since I freaked her out at the archery lane.
"She thinks that I've got a relationship going on with Jordan, Reece and Nate" I explain.
"The pretty white brothers and their hot best friend Reece Arsen?" She asks with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I kind of live with them", at this her eyes widen even more "holy hell".

"What?" I ask worriedly, "nothing their just quite the package deal" she says with a smirk.
"I'm not actually in a relationship with them, Nate's like my brother".
"What about Reece and Jordan?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows.
I feel a bright pink flush starting to flow into my cheeks. My moment with Reece yesterday coming to the surface of my thoughts.
"Um aren't you supposed to be helping me train?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"Alright we can train now, but don't think We won't talk about this later" she states with a wink.

⋆⋆⋆

A pale white flush cloaks her skin. Her olive green pupils bleed over completely, resembling a defining circle of black ink.
Her pure white canines stand out against her raspberry red lips and her ink black hair fans out from behind her.

If the fight in her now pure-black eyes wasn't temporarily directed at me I would still be watching her in awe ... Well I still sort of am but I'm supposed to be mirroring her transformation at the moment.
I concentrate on the thought of attack in the back of my brain just like she taught me and begin to change.

Since my vampire trans has only been fully completed for a short couple of weeks I haven't had a chance to completely transform yet, let alone look in the mirror to see how it looks.
I feel my pupils bleed over and feel the sharp pain of my canines poking into my bottom lip as they extend longer than ever before.

A threatening hiss leaves the women's mouth,
I wait for a whimper to escape my own but a newfound confidence replaces it.

I lurch forward, aiming to startle her into falling backwards.
Instead of moving backwards however she steps forward and hits me over the head with her clenched fist.

"OW" I screech through gritted teeth.

I step back hastily trying to think of an approach to win this training session.
"Come get me" she hisses mockingly,

I mentally 'Avada Kedavara' her about three times in my head before I actually charge again. This time she seems to honestly not see it coming due to my success in landing two hits to the stomach.
She twirls her leg around my own gracefully and pulls, within seconds I've landed on the cold ground, sitting on my sore butt with a loud "thump".

"Ow" I repeat again only this time running my hand over my sore backside soothingly.

"Okay you win this time women" I mutter under my breathe,

Amelia gives me a small smile, "you'll get the hang of this soon".

"Maybe soon but not as soon as in a couple of days"

"Don't think about how soon he's coming just think about how great life will be when he's eliminated and we can all go back to how everything was"

"Yeah I guess so" and with that my third training session comes to an end.