Chapter 6

BTW, Comic is mostly called They/He.

_____________________________

It's been months since Frisk last reset but they also didn't break the barrier, the player didn't return either and Comic hopes it stays that way, because they have grown fond of the little human. Maybe in their past life if they can remember, they were sure they and Frisk would be friends. Comic can tell that Sans has grown fond of them too, little by little.

"... And you wanted to give me this because...?"
Sans asked as he held what looks like a joke book.

Frisk merely gave him a cheeky grin and a nod.

"Because I think you'd like it! There are jokes in there I thought you might like"

Sans gave them a suspicious look, taking the book and skimming through it, he couldn't use his Truth detection without being near Comic or sharing a body with him. His blank, slightly suspicious stare lessening every page he looks through, next thing Comic knows when they get back from the kitchen with lunch, Sans' grin was manic as he continued to rapidly give Frisk headpats while still reading the book.

"Sans...?"

"Kekekekeke.....!"

Comic sweat dropped slightly as Sans continued to snicker evilly. They looked at Frisk whose hair looked messy from the assault of Sans' headpats as they give them an innocent grin.

Yeah, they don't believe that for a second.

Turns out his feeling was right as Sans' maniacal laughter ringed across the forest filled with traps. They remembered how they made Sans' personality in InclineTale; he has a lot of side to him but the one side he rarely shows is borderline chaotic neutral or chaotic evil.

Looks like it's fully showing now.

BOOM!

"AHAHAHA!"

And there goes the supposed calm picnic day. Sans ran around with Frisk hot on his tail, holding all types of contraptions made by the laughing skeleton himself.

"Guys! Please be careful!" Flowey shrieked as the flower can only stare in horror at what looks like colorful smoke bombs, traps and a dart gun and other unknown things on Sans' pile of contraptions, knowing he can't stop them from their usual chaos. You might be wondering how come no one ever heard that? They did, especially the royal guard, but they knew to not act on anything that isn't life threatening or pranks that are not done too far and just chalked it up to someone pulling off pranks and when it concerns Sans, they know to just let it happen since his twin was always there to keep him on a leash. So they just indirectly called Comic his babysitter.

"We will!"

"You better not hurt anyone with that! And don't do anything that would cause a forest fire!" said Comic not looking at the two and reading a book. Sans and Frisk looked somewhat sheepish remembering the five times they already had done so. Comic was starting to think that Sans is an arsonist, and he was influencing Frisk as well. Flowey can only internally salute to the skeleton beside him who continued to read the book and putting back the headphones on their head but not turning on the music with a blank face, like the calm and serious person they are. Meanwhile, Chara sighed exasperated and followed Sans and Frisk, already knowing their role in this family and make sure that the two don't hurt anyone with their mayhem.

Turns out, they still had their phone, and there wasn't even a password! They found it in their inventory years ago. They tried to use it to look for anything about their past life and they eventually got a few ideas, they're a high school student, their parents' names and their dog, their home and their hobbies. Even though they didn't get a lot of information they still found a lot of interesting things about themselves and they felt fulfilled and giddy knowing that past them liked songs like they do, and boy, past them had a lot of albums full of songs, fandom songs, subgenres, different types of music, you name it!