25k special

Angst. That's it. And yes, double chapter. A sorry for being so late 😞 to post and a thank you for everything! 😀

Characters belong to their respective owners! They do not belong to me.

___________________________________________

It was quiet. The residents of the underground were asleep. Comic was walking home to their house, their father was still at Grillby's getting ready for the day tomorrow. Comic concluded that their father won't be back for a hour or two. Continuing his peaceful and quiet journey home, Comic tensed. They took out a throwing knife.

Things were never quiet in the underground.

Walking through Snowdin, they listened to anything that might be out of place. Comic arrived at their house. It was a two story house, the exterior looked secured, the walls were made of non-flammable material, the windows were reinforced with bars, and it was mostly made of bricks and iron, after all break-ins, robberies and stealing can happen at any time.

They stood at the front of the house. It was silent. Not peaceful, not eerie, not suspenseful.

Silent.

"Comic!--"

Comic snapped their head to the direction of the voice, their eerie, blank and serious face dissolving as a look of surprise and confusion appeared.

"Ink?"

It was Ink, but he looked terrible. Dark circles were under his eye sockets, his usual bright, colourful, shape changing eye lights were dull and fuzzy, the colourful shapes that change every blink were almost formless, like they were drawn by a child that draws with reckless and childlike abandon. His usual ivory complexion looked more sickly; it made Comic think he was sick. His clothes looked… Messy and devoid of life, the usual paints on his sash were full to the brim, looking very out of place compared to its owner, who looked almost devoid of colour.

The concern must be noticeable on their face because Ink tried to give them a reassuring smile but it ended up becoming a grimace. That was the last straw before Ink finds himself seated in Comic's room.

It looked different from what other universe sans' rooms looked like, there was a bed at the corner, a bookshelf filled with books, a desk right next to the bookshelf, a telescope stood directly in front of the windows with a record player right next to it, black curtains that had a galaxy design and a closet.

Ink admired the room, silently appreciating that some sanses out there know interior design compared to the things he had seen in his alternates' rooms, this was one of the more appealing ones. He stopped himself from shuddering, remembering how one of them literally had a black hole in their room.

Comic sat on a chair opposite him, their eye lights were the usual blank, numb glowing dots, but Ink could feel the concern in the air, and the frown on their face just solidified his claim. Ink looked around the room a few more times before Comic finally spoke, "It's alright, this place is secured and no one will bother us, if that is what you're thinking about."

Ink silently admired their calm and collected attitude, this place was literally a world of thieves, yet they're like they were that one character of a story who thrives in it and doesn't get affected by it. It's so… interesting.

Ink slowly frowned as he recalled the events that happened today. Slowly, tears filled his eye sockets, before it all came crashing down as he started to cry, his body curled up in a fetal position on the bed, and what's heartbroken of all is the fact he was crying without any sound coming out of him.

Comic kneeled by the bed next to them, knowing he can't offer any physical comfort unless Ink wants it, and he didn't feel like it's the best comfort right now…”Ink?”

Ink looked up, eyes widening at the dog stuff toy in front of him, he can't help but get intrigued at the oddly proportioned dog, its wide empty smile and black soulless eyes stare at his colourful teary ones. Ink sniffled, his blue and green symboled eyes glowing slightly from its previous dimness.

He carefully picked up the different orange shaded stuffie, fiddling with the sun symbol on its zipper. He looked up at Comic, who was giving him a small encouraging smile.

Ink hugged the toy, jumping when it made an adorable squeak sound. He pulled the stuffie away to properly look at it, a laugh bubbling in his throat as his tears slowly started to lessen.

Ink slowly hugged the toy, sighing as he felt the soft material on his bones, “It…it smells like vanilla…” muttered Ink as he brought the toy’s long floppy ear close to his face and sniffing at the soothing scent.

Comic smiled softly at the slowly calming Ink. He decided to sit comfortably on the ground, wanting to let Ink have the high ground… and the rug is really fluffy.

“It said on the box it came from that the scent lasts for a long time…good too, it's like a multi-purpose air freshener” said Comic as he leaned on the side of the bed. “A really neat grab for something in the Dump” said Comic with a fond smile, remembering how the colourful packaging caught his eye sockets the time he agreed with Frisk to go garbage diving if they promise to sanitise the dust out of everything. When they saw the stuffed toy Comic immediately fell in love with the dog stuffie.

They stayed like that, Comic leaning on the bed and legs moving on the fluffy rug, Ink cuddling the dog stuffie on Comic's bed, slowly calming down.

After a while, Ink broke the silence.

“They…kept calling me soulless…” said Ink softly as Comic's eye sockets widened slightly.

“They…blame me if I don't help fast enough…they blame me for the Moons…they blame me for not trying to help when there's nothing I can do…!” Ink sobbed as he pressed his eyes against his forearm.

“They call me soulless!... When I don't do good enough! I'm never going to be good enough! I may act like it doesn't bother me but it doesn't mean I don't on the inside! It doesn't mean I'm soulless!” Ink sobbed as he hugged the stuffie tighter, the hound squeaking as though to tell Ink to ‘please don't cry’.

“I HAVE a soul! I do! I'm not lying…Why do you think I sacrificed it all for?! I did what you all secretly wanted…! I stopped being the VILLAIN that you all called me to be! Now you don't even believe that I threw away what was making me the villain in your eyes in order to give you what you all wanted! I GAVE IT ALL! YOU TOOK IT AWAY SO EASILY?! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE I DID IT ALL FOR YOU-”

….

Ink sobbed against Comic, still holding the stuffed toy. Comic stood up and hugged him when he was having a breakdown.

Ink sobbed and sobbed, crying and not letting Comic go.

After a while, Ink lost all his strength and fainted… Comic tucked him into bed, putting his dog stuff toy beside Ink.

“Take care of him, alright pal?” Comic whispers to the dog stuffie as he turned off the lights and climbed into his sleeping bag.

The next day, Ink was ruffling through his paint vials and his eye sockets sparkled at the miniature dog stuff toy keychain that looked exactly like Comic’s orange stuffie. Hidden within one of the vial’s in the sash.