irked a role player

I'm cocooned in these bed sheets, sprawled without a care at 12 midday.

The day began uneventfully. All around me I see and hear the bustling activity. The ants all crowding over tiny morsel of food; the vehicles harrumphing like noisy mischievous kids throwing tantrum; and pigeons cooing their melancholic notes tragically with pathos evoking cheer. They all know their times and season and time management.

And me?

The sun looks at me from the summit of the noon. Sprawled without a care, am I in these way too comfy bed sheets, the best cocoon.

It was then I got reminded of how in the past I role played with myself as a superior spiritual person and the regular me. Back then when I divided myself. I was able to do things efficiently. I listened to the higher me because the higher me spoke with love, warmth, care and motherly heart.

It has been ages since we had a discussion, I realized.

"Hey you! Long time! No see!" I spoke to the higher me.

"Yeah you only talk to me when you need me. I'm not your toy lol"

"My bad, I ignored you''

"Yeah, yeah, you're gonna forget this tho, that's the extent of the bad you feel''

''I realized if I stop ignoring you, chances of me ghosting would lower down''

"Good morning for waking up. At least you didn't realize this on deathbed."

"Since when have you become this snarky?"

"Yes I've become cold, no thanks to you"

"Is there something we could both do together?"

"30 minutes study time for 6 hours doable to you?"

"No promises"

"You haven't changed a bit"

"Making promises just for me to break it is the me from the past. I'm not interested in seeing that pathetic, distressing cycle anymore."

"..."

"Hey you! why wont you respond"

"..."

"Oi! come back!"

"..."

Slowly i get up and get on with the rest of the day with derpy eyes.