2 ➞ i just want to eat

two i just want to eat

THE NEXT MORNING was peaceful.

As usual I got up and made myself a cup of coffee while chatting with my younger sister Meredith. (Yes, I have another one.)

I quickly slipped on skinny jeans and a white crop top. On top of it I threw a grey sweater since it was going to be somewhat chilly today.

I checked the time. Shit. It was already twelve thirty, and I needed to meet up with Sam and Moon. I guess I really overslept.

I ran up to my older sister Serenity who was laying on the couch texting someone. She was smiling.

I took a peek and she put her phone back. "What are you doing?"

"Who are you textinggg?" I said playfully.

"Nobody," she responded glaring at me. I didn't believe her but I was running late so I decided not to push it. "Anyway, can I borrow your car? I'm going out with my friends."

She looked at me hesitantly before saying, "Fine." I whooped while she searched for the car keys in her bag. She tossed them to me with a warning look.

"You'd better not-"

"I won't. Don't worry, I'm a great driver." I winked at her and she rolled her eyes. She picked her phone back up again and went straight back to texting.

As I walked out the door I yelled, "Byeeee!"

No response. Oh well.

𐬻☯︎︎𐬻

When I arrived at the ramen shop, I noticed that Moon was there waiting. I waved at her and she smiled and waved back. I sat across from her.

"Is Sam here yet?"

She shook her head. "Soo, how have you been?" she asked. "We haven't talked in a while."

I shrugged. "I dunno, just living I guess. Eat, sleep, breathe, repeat."

I heard the jingling of the bell and Sam walked in. Her hair was in a bun and her makeup was perfectly done. "Hey guys."

"Heyy! Sam, how are you?" Moon asked as Sam sat down next to me.

"I'm alright."

"Sam, you seem a bit.." I thought for a moment. "Melancholy."

She looked at me bitterly. "You think?" She sighed, letting her hair down to retie it. She looked down, then to me, then to Moon.

"Miguel's gone, Cobra Kai's gaining power, and now dad's closed the dojo!" Moon looked surprised.

"LaRusso closed the dojo? Eli didn't say anything about that," she said. "Why?"

"It just happened yesterday, so Eli was probably gonna tell you at some point," Sam explained, tossing the extra strands of hair back. "Dad claimed he was doing it to keep us safe, because of Cobra Kai and all."

Moon looked solemnly at Sam. "I'm so sorry."

"I honestly am all for the idea," I said, sneering. "I think it's better if I don't get my face busted in by any of them."

"Speaking of Cobra Kai and their members," Moon said looking at me, "What's up with you and Robby? Still friends?"

I swallowed and thought for a moment. How ARE we? I turned to look back at her again. "I've been keeping my mind off of him. We haven't talked since the incident. Last time I saw him was at the All Valley."

Moon looked concerned. "You shouldn't let Cobra Kai ruin your relationship with him."

"I know, but he wouldn't talk to me even if I reached out."

Moon her hand on mine. "Don't worry, he'll come back at some point. At least catch up. He'll realize his mistake, leaving a girl as cool as you." She winked. I smiled at her and giggled a little too.

"I think me and Eudoria have some fixing to do with him," Sam said while chuckling.

I looked at her. "I wasn't the one who chea-"

Moon covered my mouth. "MMMH-!"

"Let's not go there," she said calmly, letting go. I looked angrily at her and she laughed.

"Would you girls like to order?" the waitress that had just come up to us asked.

Moon nodded and we all chose our meals.

"Can't wait to eat squid!" Moon exclaimed. She gestured for us to huddle in. "C'mon, let's take a selfie!" We all stroked cute poses and took a selfie.

"Okay," I said once everyone was settled back, "am I the only one who's curious about Yaz and Demetri's meetup? Like.."

"Wow, I nearly forgot about that," Sam said. "Miguel and I caught them making out at school once." I noticed the immediate change of Sam's expression when she mentioned Miguel.

"I know what will cheer you up," I announced. "Ramen!" The waitress was walking towards us with our food. Our mouths watered. "Mmm."

We talked and ate our food happily, forgetting about all of the problems we were facing. Or at least, more Sam was facing. I didn't care too much about the fate of our dojo. (I know, it sounds selfish.)

Once we split the bill, Moon announced, "We're getting ice cream!"

We all squealed and ran to the nearest ice cream shop, wallets prepared.

𐬻☯︎︎𐬻

After I got home it was already four. I had been out for three hours. I sighed as I set my fluffy purse down and threw the keys to Serenity who was now preparing for a nap.

"I have work tomorrow," she groaned, stretching her arms out. I smiled and said, "Good luck."

As I walked up the stairs and trudged over to my bedroom, I thought about how fun today was. Wish everyday was this cheerful.

I plopped on my bed, too tired to change.

I scrolled on TikTok for a while before putting my phone down and this time finally changing into my pajamas. They were polka dotted with a bow.

I put my night cap on and did my skin care and gua sha. By the time I was done it was eight and I was starving, so I heated up leftovers that Serenity had left for me and ate them while watching cartoons.

To avoid falling asleep, I cleaned up and went back to my room to sleep.

I hope tomorrow is just as tranquil.