7 ➞ the deal

seven the deal

seven the deal

SINCE I STAYED UP late after my hair appointment, I woke up pretty late as well.

I groaned and checked the time. 12:38? I had better get moving to clean my room and get everything ready. I didn't want to embarrass myself with Robby.

It wasn't the first time I had him over, but it sure felt like it.

After cleaning up my room I took a shower and styled my hair. I twirled around and smiled at the blue tips. They suit me, I thought before putting on a cute shirt and shorts. I applied mascara and lip gloss before plopping in my made-bed waiting for Robby to arrive.

For some reason, I felt nervous. Really nervous. Robby was my friend, so why did I feel this way? It shouldn't be like this.

RING! The chime of the doorbell awoke me from my thoughts and I rushed downstairs to open the door. Before I reached for the handle I took a deep breath.

I opened the door and came face-to-face with Robby. He smiled slightly before saying, "Hey."

"Hi," I said ushering him in, "you can come in." He entered and I shut the door. Well this is quite...awkward.

I led him upstairs to my room and we both sat on the bed. We both got comfortable before looking at each other for a second.

"So..." he said, clearly not knowing what to say or where to start. "How's it going? Your hair looks great by the way."

"Thank you," I said, smiling at the kind gesture. "It's going alright." I thought about something to tell him.

"Oh yeah!" I exclaimed. "I forgot to tell you, Sam and Miguel. They broke up." He looked shocked. "Them? They broke up?" He chuckled slightly.

I nodded. "Sam wanted time for herself, which I completely understand."

He smiled. "If my boyfriend was Miguel too..." I sighed. Here we go again.

"Umm," I said, trying to think of something else. "Do you think that Sensei Daniel quit Miyagi-Do completely?" He looked at me confused. "Wait, he closed down Miyagi-Do?" I looked at him surprised.

"Your dad didn't tell you?"

He shook his head vigorously. "What happened, Eudoria, tell me!"

"It's about Cobra Kai. Probably about Silver, too. They're becoming very powerful," I said. What else was I supposed to say? "I think that everyone needs a little break from karate. All this drama, to be honest, wears me out." I shook my head sadly.

"I didn't want to stop being friends with you."

I looked at him. "What?"

"I didn't want to stop being friends, even if I was in Cobra Kai, but there was no hope." He met my gaze. Ohmygodohmygod what did I get myself into.

"Me too," I finally said. "But you know, it seemed you were so engulfed in Cobra Kai, and because I hated them..." I stopped then.

"Don't get me wrong, I was," he responded. "But my hate for my dad, and Sensei Daniel, and just in general Sam for cheating on me...oh, and Miguel too...and just all of those people that wronged me kinda were the reason I turned to Cobra Kai as my last resort. I mean...I don't want to go on a tangent."

"Go on."

He sighed. "Sensei Daniel put me in jail, it was hell in there. After I got out I went to Cobra Kai since I had nowhere to go." he paused. "Well technically, I did have somewhere to go, but it wasn't a place I wanted to go. Then Kenny came along and I thought I could help him get into Cobra Kai. Now I've got him in deep somewhere he shouldn't be, and I need to fix my mistake." He played with his fingers, clearly nervous.

"I understand." He looked at me with slightly pleading eyes.

"Eudoria...can you help me bring Kenny back? At least? Oh, and maybe Tory too." I just looked at him. I didn't care for Kenny or Tory, but at least I would be able to make our dojo stronger. And in the process, I would strengthen my relationship with Robby. I pondered.

I put my hand out. "I'm in." He shook it.

"Is this...like an official deal?" I shrugged. "Sorta." He chuckled and then paused for a moment.

"So how do you expect us to do this?"