14 ➞ don't lie to me, eudoria

fourteen don't lie to me, eudoria

IF YOU'VE HEARD of the term 'the calm after the storm' then you probably know its' meaning. After great times of difficulty come peace and tranquility. At that moment when I walked up to Miyagi-Do dojo to confront Miguel, I wished very badly it was that simple. The war between Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai, the war between the 'good guys' and 'bad guys' would never end. There would always be bickering, fights, and any peace would never last.

I just wanted everyone to get along, and I was staring to become aware that some particular people wanted the opposite.

My main wake up call was this conversation, this conversation that changed everything. Just as it seemed we'd settled it, something else came out of the blue.

"Miguel?"

He turned around smiled a small, awkward smile. He was definitely nervous.

"Moon said you wanted to meet me here...and why in Miyagi-Do?"

"Can you just come a second and I'll explain why?"

I nodded, cautiously following him into the dojo. He rambled an apology as we talked, which was very much appreciated. Everything was going fine.

"So you know how me and Sam broke up?"

"Yeah," I replied hesitantly, since I wasn't sure if it was a sensitive topic or not.

"I was planning on giving her this," he picked up a beautiful golden necklace from the ground. "I was planning on taking her back—dumb of me to think she really would stay. Anyway..." He turned it around in his fingers. "The point was, my obsession with my dad made me lose someone, and now I realize that the same obsession with Cobra Kai and this whole drama is making me lose others too. I know you're upset, and that's fine, but I'm trying my best, and I'm asking you to just leave this up to me and Robby. Let us sort it out. Though he's incompetent, know what, never mind." He turned to face me, awaiting my answer. I thought for a moment and smiled back at him.

"I forgave you a while ago, Miguel," I confessed. "I just thought you were angry at me, actually. I'm glad we sorted that out. I still need to make things right with Robby, though."

"And I'm sure you will, he'll probably forgive you really quick. I'm sorry for not reaching out to you, I just needed time to think, hopefully you understand."

"I do, promise," I chuckled slightly. "You're a great person, Miguel, I know, you're trying your best. And both you and Robby are going through a lot, I feel like I should be apologizing to you, so I'm incredibly sorry."

He grinned, and we had a couple moments of silence, the only sound that could be heard was the water sloshing in the background and the trees swaying in the breeze.

"Here's to being friends again?" I asked, holding out my hand.

"Yep," he agreed, taking my hand. We hugged and laughed a little, holding pleasant conversation.

"Why'd you pick here specifically?" I said with wonder.

"Cause the necklace is here."

"Right. Speaking of the necklace, can I see it up close? It looked so pretty."

He nodded and handed it to me, and before I could take it, we heard a familiar voice.

"What are you doing?!"

We whipped around to face the back of the dojo, there standing, was none other than Robby Keene himself. So I admit I was surprised when I saw him.

He was visibly angry, his brows were furrowed and let's just say did not have a pleasant expression on his face. He approached us, and Miguel and I were too stunned to do anything.

"Robby, what—" I began, but he interrupted me.

"Is this why you've been ignoring all of my texts? You've been blowing me off to see Miguel, for goodness sake—" He was so dumbfounded he couldn't even continue, and I struggled to explain.

"Listen, we talked, and we've made up, that's all it is! I was planning to respond, I swear!"

"Were you?" he sneered. "Because what from I see, he was handing you a necklace."

"It wasn't meant for me, I just wanted to see it!" I looked at Miguel, and he backed away.

"Don't look at him, he can't help you," Robby spat.

"What's the huge deal, anyway? Miguel's my friend, Robby, in case you gave forgotten. I understand—"

"No, you don't," he cut me off. "Don't lie to me, Eudoria. Tell me the truth."

"This is the truth! What's your deal, you know I'm friends with him too!"

"Don't talk to me for a while," he ended the argument, walking away as quickly as he could. He slammed the dojo door.

For a few moments it was completely silent. Miguel and I were just staring at each other, mortified, because all of that had happened in the span of a minute.

"What's his deal?" I finally said. "He can be angry, but because I'm talking to you?"

"Sounds to me like he likes you. He does, doesn't he!"

"No," I spluttered, turning red. "Of course not, we're friends, it's probably just because you're his sworn enemy and he didn't expect for us to get along. I'll have to talk to him for real now," I sighed.

"Ookay sure," Miguel teased, and I made a face at him before laughing. "Why is he so jealous?"

"Again, you're enemies. Plus, he likes Tory not me, and if he did like me, that'd actually be really messed up—"

"Let's go," Miguel pushed me ahead. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know this would happen."

"It's okay, I'll try texting him tomorrow."