4 ➞ i guess that's it

four i guess that's it

"I TOLD HIM 'We should talk' and now..."

Yazmine and Moon were munching on their food as Sam read Miguel's latest messages.

"'Can't wait to see you tonight, how are you?'"

Yaz rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Desperate," she said, "but cute. He knows he's in deep shit."

"I just..." Sam sighed. "I feel like things have been off lately. There's so much I wanna say. maybe I should just--lay all out?"

"Nope!" Yazmine yelped grabbing the phone from Sam's hands. "Nooo, less is more."

"I'm with Yaz, it's better to have these conversations in person," Moon remarked while sipping on her smoothie.

"Mmhm," I said. "Keep it short, not sweet." Yazmine handed the phone back to Sam.

"'I'm okay.'" Sam looked at her confusedly. "Should I, add a smiley face or something?"

"No!" Yazmine yelled while Moon said "Definitely."

They looked at each other with a look on both of their faces. I stifled a giggle and put my hand on Sam's shoulder. "Let him know you're mad, don't put anything else."

"Exactly," Yazmine said, leaning back.

Sam sighed and put the phone back down onto the table. "Well, I guess I have to tell him everything later on."

"Don't worry, Sam," I remarked. "Just go with your gut. If you don't wanna be together, then that's your choice. You should focus on yourself a little." I leaned back.

"In fact, that's what I've been doing for these past few months." I pushed a lock of hair back and looked out the window beside me. I kept tapping my finger on the table.

Moon cleared her throat and commented, "With a spa day. I have just the place for you!" She excitedly pulled out her phone and started scrolling. "It will totally help clear your mind!"

Sam raised an eyebrow. "Listen..."

𐬻☯︎︎𐬻

I know what I'm about to say is...weird.

But I'm the type of friend to spill all the tea.

Therefore I poke my head into other's business without permission. Even without them knowing.

This is illegal I think, but as long as I don't get caught why does it matter?

I'm going to spy on Miguel and Sam when they talk. It doesn't look good, in fact it looks creepy, but what else do I have to do? I'm totally free.

I have a plan.

First, I'm going to hang out at Sam's house as planned. Then, when I leave, I'm actually going to sneak into the dojo and spy from inside the house. Great plan, right?

Probably not, but I'm doing it anyway.

So here's how it went.

"Bye!" Sam waved at me as I supposedly left her home. As soon as she shut the door I quickly creeped over the fence and into the dojo where Sam and Miguel were supposed to talk. Miguel was already there waiting, and I noticed he had a necklace in his hand. Wow, how sweet.

Sam entered the area and trudged towards Miguel.

"Um..." he said, starting to approach Sam. "Look Sam, I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have abandoned you like that. I was just trying to start a new chapter and figure out my past."

He put his hand on the back of his head. "But...I wasn't thinking about you. Or us. Even all the way back to prom."

She sighed and looked down at the grass. "Miguel. You don't need to explain. I mean, I'm sorry too...I was only thinking about myself. I was just so wrapped up in the tournament that I just wasn't sensitive to what you were going through."

He looked at Miguel and I noticed a little hope filled his eyes.

"And as hard as it was to be on the other side of that, I really respect you. You were just taking the time to figure out yourself. But..." cue his hope faltering, "I need that time too."

"Ever since my dad opened the dojo, my whole life's been about karate. It's affected all the relationships in my life, with my family, with my friends...with you. I just...need a little break to figure out who I am outside of all that."

He looked hurt and lost. "When you say break what d'you..." I could see tears form in his eyes. "A break from karate, a break from me..." I could tell he was trying to hold back his feelings.

Sam was starting to cry too. "I'm not okay right now..." her voice was high-pitched and drenched in tears. "I don't think I ever will be until I figure this out for myself. I just need to take a little time to do that."

He stared down at the floor, utterly bewildered.

"But...that doesn't mean we can't still be friends."

"Just not a," his voice was deep while he talked, "boyfriend-girlfriend."

"I don't know if this is what I want," she continued as he started to walk around. "But I know it's what I need."

I couldn't hear what he said next but before I knew it they were hugging before my eyes. I quickly bolted to avoid being caught. I smiled to myself as I walked home. And I got that all on video, I thought staring down at my phone and giggling a little.

I can't wait to tell Serenity and Florence.