Family

When I walk into the dining room everyone is already sitting in seats

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

When I walk into the dining room everyone is already sitting in seats.

Victor sits at the head of the table and directly in front of him, at the other end of the head of the table, sits Camden.

Next to Camden on the right is Everett and Tyler and then Sebastian and finally Francis.

On the other side of the Table, there's an empty chair next to Camden, where I'm supposed to sit, and next to that chair is Linden and then Harper.

They all look at me and I take my seat next to Camden.

"Alexia, please be on time for dinner from now on." Victor says calmly and I roll my eyes.

"Stop with the disrespect." Camden says to me.

"You guys kidnap me and my siblings and now you expect me to follow your rules? To respect you and sit around like we're family?" I laugh.

"We are a family, and, we didn't kidnap you. We just brought you where you should've been your whole life." Camden reply's.

I laugh again. "Where I should've been my whole life? You're right, Camden, I should've been with my father. Unfortunately for me, he threatened to kill me so my mother hid me. Maybe if he actually gave a shit about me I would've grown up with you."

"Stop curing." Is all Camden says in response.

I smile. "Sure thing, asshole."

"Let's just eat." Victor suggests and Camden nods after a moment.

"Alexia, come to my office after dinner." Camden tells me and, again, I roll my eyes.

After an awkward dinner I follow Camden and Victor into Camden's office.

Camden sits in the chair behind the desk while Victor stands next to him.

"Please have a seat." Camden points to the chair in front of the desk.

"I'm good." I say, still standing.

He just shrugs.

"We need to talk. I understand your resentment towards our father, but he's apologized. He didn't mean what he said and he wishes he could take it back." I look to Victor and he nods, confirming Camden's words.

Camden clears his throat and I bring my attention back to him.

"Also, our other brothers, and myself, have never given you a reason to hate us. We didn't even know about Hannah until everything at the office happened. If we had known we would've gotten you back. We are very sorry for everything that happened and we want to be your family." He tells me.

When I was little, this is all I ever wanted to hear.

Now it just makes me want to break things.

I just glare at him and he sighs.