Lying

Candice walks in and sits in the chair in front of my desk

"You needed me?" She says and I nod.

"I wanted to talk about your daughter." I tell her and she scoffs.

"Gosh, what did she do now?" She asks.

"She didn't do anything. I was just wondering how she was doing." I explain.

"Why do you care? She's fine, it doesn't matter." She says dismissively.

"So she's doing well?" I question and she rolls her eyes.

"Why does it matter?" She scoffs, making me angry.

"It matters because I've known Halston her whole life and despite not talking in years I still care about her." I explain.

Candice laughs and hits the table. "That's a good one. Look, you don't need to pretend to care about her, no one else does."

"What do you mean by that?" I ask her.

She pauses for me a minute, as if she's been caught, before relaxing again.

"Doesn't matter, I'm just saying my daughter isn't your concern, Mr.Tames."

"Fine. You're dismissed." I tell her and she leaves.

I sigh, shaking my head.

I told Alexis I wouldn't talk to Halston but I need understand what's going on.

I call Everett and he picks up on the second ring.

"Hey." He answers.

"Hey, I need a favor. Can you go pick Halston up from her house and bring her to my office?"

"I thought you told Alexia we wouldn't talk to her."

"Just do it." I tell him and hang up.

There's a knock on the door and I walk over, opening it

I see Everett standing in front of the door, it takes me off guard so the second I see him my eyes widen and I slam the door shut.