Sacrafice

When Mason came and got me he told me we were going to my house but I didn't quite believe him

When I see the familiar building that is my house all I wanna do is run out of the car and go inside.

Once the car stops we get out and go up to the door.

The second I step through the door I run into Camden's arms.

I cling to him like I haven't seen him in three years even though it's only been a week.

"I missed you so much, Lex." He tells me.

"I missed you too." I say back.

I let go of him and hug Everett and then the rest of my siblings.

I hug Athena and Willow too and then we turn back to Mason.

"I'm glad we're finally going to be at peace." Mason says to Camden with a fake smile and Camden gives one right back.

"I couldn't agree more. We have our sister back so we have what we want, what do you want?" Camden asks.

"To put it simply: a wife." Mason says with a shrug.

"Since we're finally going to be at peace I will marry your sister." Mason tells Camden, pointing to me.

"Absolutely not." Camden protests but Mason chuckles.

"You don't have a choice, Tames. We're already married."

"What?!" Camden and I yell at the same time.

"Remember when you were half asleep and I told you to sign something and handed you a pen?" He asks me and realization hits me.

"You had me sign a marriage agreement." I say emotionlessly.

"She was half asleep!" Everett protests.

"It doesn't matter. She still signed it. Your sister is now my wife." Mason declares.

"No." I whisper before saying it louder. "No no no. This isn't happening. This can't be happening. Ha ha funny joke. You can leave now." I try.

"Not that easy, wife." He tells me and I wanna puke.

"There's no way this is happening. This is a bad dream. I wanna wake up now. Can I wake up now? I'd like to wake up now!" I say while my eyes water.

"We could always get a divorce." He suggests and we all look at him.

"I will sign the divorce papers if Camden agrees to make Harper my little brothers wife when they turn 18." He finishes, taking away my hope.

"No!" I protest quickly. "Leave her out of this. I'll be your wife, just leave my family alone." I tell him and he smiles cruelly.

"Perfect. Shall we still stay or since it's all discussed should we just leave now?" He asks with his cheery voice.

"Can't you leave without me? Let me stay here. I can still be your wife in name." I try to convince him.

"Not gonna work. Come on." He tells me and I shake my head.

"What about school? I'm still in high school. This is illegal!" I try again to get out of this.

"I'm only 19, plus your birthday is in like two days and then you'll be 18. Your graduation is literally tomorrow, remember?." He tells me.

"Don't make me leave..." I beg him.

He walks up to me and grabs my wrist, pulling me with him.

My family watches, unable to protest, as he pushes me into the car and drives us away.

"Believe it or not, Alexia, I do have a heart. And I am sorry you have to leave your family." He tells me.

"Then let me stay with them."

"It's to dangerous. I have a lot more enemies then they do and it would put you and your entire family in danger if you stayed there." He explains.

"Why me, Mason? Was I just the first person you could think of? Was it because you actually wanted peace with my family? Or did you just want to ruin my life? What the hell did I ever do to you?" I question.

"I chose you because I wanted peace with your family. I truly did. Now that we have peace it'll make both of our lives a lot easier." He tells me.

"And all it cost was my life." I say, glaring at him.

"You seem very alive to me." He states.

"Oh no, sure, I'll survive. I'll be alive. But my life is gone." I explain.

"We all had to sacrifice something. They had to sacrifice their sister, you had to sacrifice your life, and I had to sacrifice being single."

"Are you seriously making jokes right now?" I ask him.

"I'm being serious. I'm married now, which means I need to be extra careful where I go and what I do and what I sign and what I don't. I need to make sure I have extra security at the house and make sure both of us are safe." He explains to me.

"I'm surprised you care if I'm safe or not." I say, more to myself then him.

"I wouldn't have done this if I didn't care if you lived or died." He tells me and I just nod.

He's busy driving and making sure we get to wherever the hell it is we're going.

I'm messing around with the handle and see the 'unlock' button.

I look over at Mason and he's still paying attention to the road.

As fast as I can I press the unlock button, unbuckle myself, and open the car door.

I go to jump out but he grabs my hair and pulls me back onto the seat.

He's still pulling my hair while driving and says "close the door." Coldly.

I close the door and he locks them again, letting go of my hair.

"That was so stupid!" He scolds. "This is your life now, Alexia. Just accept it!"

My head is pounding because of the injury and now this.

He takes a deep breath and notices my teary eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to grab your hair, I meant to grab your arm or shirt." He apologizes.

I just nod, not wanting to talk.

What the hell is my life now?