Goodbye Jaclyn Webber

May 19, 2011

The rehearsal dinner was winding down. Caleb was passed out against their grandmother's shoulder, and Charles and Camilla had retired for the night warning the younger guests to do the same. Harry however had a mischievous glint in his eyes as he gathered up William and Hugh Van Cutsem, James Meade, and Thomas van Straubenze. Jaclyn had no clue what they were up to or what they were planning for her fiance and she really did not want to know.

"Will you at least allow him to get a few hours of sleep?" She asked making her way over to the corner where they were all whispering like schoolgirls. Upon hearing her sharp retort and seeing her crossed arms all five of them snapped to attention

"Something tells me good ol' Wills is going to be a bit of a party pooper anyways," Hugh laughed, throwing a look over her shoulder to where William was conversing with Thomas and Arthur, who were both still very friendly with each other.

Harry rolled his eyes coming over to rest his arm on her shoulder. "You should have heard his list of banned things! You're marrying a complete prude!"

"Oh no, whatever shall I do?" She droned pushing his arm off so he nearly toppled over.

"Haz, you're forgetting she's the one that turned him into a prude," James laughed, and Jaclyn rolled her eyes knowing that if he made the comment a few years earlier he would have really meant it, and she would have done more than brush him off. But all of them knew William wouldn't marry her if his friends didn't approve, so she worked hard to earn their trust and they opened up to giving her a chance.

"For that comment alone I'm telling Charlie he's in charge tonight."

"Well if I'm in charge we should get going. Bed time is 12 o' clock sharp."

She turned to face the new comer making space for him in their semi circle. Slowly the red dining room of Clarence House was emptying as more people called it a night, and she was inclined to join them after the full morning of rehearsals and last minute planning issues.

Charlie however did not seem the least bit drained, going to other weddings was probably nothing after throwing your own, but even Kate who was at his side and had taken up the mantle of unofficial planner looked fresh as a daisy. "You should go say goodbye to William," she remarked, carelessly fixing her husbands bow tie, "Nat and Alice are saying theirs to Victor and Leo and then we can go."

"Gag me with a spoon," William van Cutsem groaned. Jaclyn left, allowing Kate to shoot him a withering glare, to steal William from her partner. He must have been keeping his eyes on her while talking with their guests because the second she started towards him he met her halfway.

They snuck into the hallway, waiting patiently for the staff who were moving between the dining room and the kitchen to leave. The first chance she got Jaclyn pressed up on her toes and placed a sweet kiss to his lips, and as she pulled away she was snapped back in. Her legs buckled and her toes were barely brushing the floor as she was swept in his arms and pushed against the wall nearly on top of a portrait of George V. He sucks at her bottom lip and a breathy gasp pushes between them as his broad chest pressed to hers keeping her entangled within his arms.

"Save something for tomorrow," she exhales once they stopped. His forehead resting against hers with one arm still wrapped along her back while the other kept her hip pinned to the wall.

One more brief kiss and then he laughed also equally breathless. "Trust me I can't kiss you like this tomorrow."

He evaded her as she tried to kiss him again, instead tracing up to her ear the possibility of his lips so near making her shiver. "I'm supposed to be saying goodbye, but you're making it really hard to leave."