why is this happening?

Chapter 9:

____________________________________________________________________________

The two sat in an awkward silence, not once looking at each other. They had both been blushing from what law said earlier, and both were angry at each other. Law looked back at what he said and blushed. He couldn't believe he said that. Then again, Luffy did want the honest truth.

Just because law gets jealous of anyone who gets close to Luffy didn't mean law wanted Luffy to be single and lonely. He wanted Luffy to be happy, just not with Hawkins. He couldn't stand Hawkins, not only because of the recent relationship with Luffy but because of the shit he'd done before this.

Once upon a time, law was friends with Hawkins. They thrived together and became close until Hawkins started to hang out with the wrong crowd, and law believes he still does. Which is why he was determined to get Luffy away from him. He would honestly die if he ever saw Luffy smoking anything.

Law turned to look at Luffy, who was probably texting his 'boyfriend'. He had to find out what Luffy saw in a man like Hawkins because he could no longer withstand the suspense. He stood up and approached Luffy.

Law halted his approach to the man on the ground and said, "Mugiwara-ya."

Surprisingly, Luffy responded,. "what?..."

"What do you see in him?" Law asked, almost demanding for a response.

"Excuse me?...",luffy slowly rose his face up from his knees, "Well, if you really want to know..,"

Law waited for an answer. "Go on."

"He doesn't act like a boring old man like you do," Luffy said with a smirk.

Law rolled his eyes out of annoyance and dropped the subject. He tried opening the door but it was shut tight. He wasn't going to break down the door just because he was stuck in his own room. Maybe in the morning he would figure something out.

Back to texting, Luffy sent his first message to his friend before his phone died. He was left with no choice but to sit in the corner in silence and boredom, during which he looked up at the law. He was reading a book.

Luffy couldn't understand how law could be jealous of Hawkins when he left him for someone else. But what pissed him off was that law had the audacity to tell him that Hawkins wasn't the right man for him. Luffy was finally happy with someone after his break up with law and now the same man who said they couldn't be together was trying to ruin his perfect relationship.

He scowled, keeping law at the center of his attention. Law continued to read in silence until he overheard Luffy muttering to himself. Law paid no attention to the man who kept his distance from him. Law set the book down and turned to face Luffy, who was still wearing the dreadful scowl. Luffy kept staring at Law. He had anticipated that law would finally take him seriously and would find his effort to be serious and unpleasant, but the exact opposite happened.

A cheeky smirk appeared on Law's face as his demeanor loosened up. Then he started to laugh at Luffy. Luffy's scowl disappeared and lowered his brow; he couldn't stand law.

"What's so funny?" luffy said with an aggravated tone.

"Maybe you should try another tactic to make me 'take things seriously'," Law said, wiping away a tear from laughing at Luffy. "You're more cute than threatening," he chuckled.

Luffy tried to ignore law and his remark while covering up his flustered face. That didn't mean he was caving into law; he was merely surprised. He thought his comment was already outrageous, but now Luffy couldn't even hide his stunned face at the sudden turn of events.