Deals with the devil

Chapter 13:

____________________________________________________________________________

They hung up, and Luffy let out a whiny sigh. He hoped the lie would convince his boyfriend.but even if it did, lying made him feel horrible. Hawkins was fateful for over a year, and so was Luffy until now. Luffy sat in silence after the call, feeling guilty. A dishonest lie leads to pain and damage; a true revelation cures pain and leads to recovery—that is what Dadan would have said.

Then Law's voice interrupted the silence: "Was that hawkins?" He was leaning against the wall.

Luffy looked over to Law and, in a guilty voice, said, "Yeah..."

"You're feeling horrible, right? Then tell him when you get home"

Luffy's heart started to beat at an unbelievable pace; there was no way he could tell Hawkins he would most definitely never take it lightly. "But he might break up with me... or he might try to kill you."

"If he breaks up with you, find someone new; it shouldn't be hard." Law was confident that Hawkins wasn't going to break up with Luffy; he was that kind of man.

Luffy looked in the other direction; it was hard enough to be in his body, and being in the presence of the man who he had sex with was weird. A few minutes went by until Law understood why Luffy was being so distant. It was because he was ignoring him. But in the end it wouldn't matter; he had an errand to run anyway. So without a second thought, he took his car keys and left the room.

When he left, Luffy finally turned back around, when he did, he soon realized he was still undressed. Luffy searched around the room for his scattered clothing, and when he finally found all his clothes, he dressed himself. Thankfully, he did, because an unwanted guest would burst into the room without any type of warning.

"Law! We have a problem!" Shachi yelled out as he swung the door open.

Luffy swiftly looked in the direction of the door and made eye contact with Shachi. Seconds went by until Shachi's confusion turned back into fear.

"Luffy! Where's law!?"

Luffy wished he knew where Law went, but he was clueless as to where he went: "I don't know he left a while ago, why?"

"We need to go back to Sabaody."

Luffy felt his heart sink from the sudden news. "But you guys just got back," he testified.

"It wasn't like we were here on vacation," Shachi scoffed.

Luffy sighed before speaking, "I know it's just that... I missed you guys..."

"I know and I wish we could stay longer, but it seems you and Law had some time to talk," Shachi said as he had a smile on his face.

Luffy blushed at the comment. He didn't think that it was obvious that they had sex. "Yeah...hawkins is going to kill him."

" i doubt it,..." Shachi's tone went from moderate to almost sad: "This is our last trip to Water 7 after today...we'll never come back."

Before Luffy could question why they would never come back, Law came in with a briefcase over his shoulder. Like Luffy, Law was also confused, and he could only say what was on his mind. "What the hell is going on?"

Shachi focused all his attention onto law as he approached him: "No time to explain, we've gotta go, I've already got things ready, we have to go back to Sabaody now!" The urgency in Shachi's voice was enough to make Law believe that they had to rush back.

As much as Law wanted to rush out of there and head back to Sabaody, he had to drop Luffy off at one of his friends' places. "Okay, go ahead; I'll catch up."