(17) AFTER THEIR DISAPPEARANCE

Tension was vibrating in air

Tension was vibrating in air. Seriousness had become sticked to faces. Breaths were fluctuating like downfall shown in any graph. Questions were pacing in everyone's mind, but patience was overpowered by impatience which wasn't allowing anyone to initiate a discussion.

"How this can be happened? Where can they go?" Yudhishthir's whisper like serious voice responded by few restless expressions.

"I have enquired indirectly. But no such information found from the soldiers who were guarding main entrance," Sahdev's revelation increased the tension more.

"Guards said that last time they saw Subhadra, Karenumati, Vijaya at arena of function," Devika shared the information she collected.

"When did you all see them for the last time?" Draupadi asked looking at Bheem, Arjun, Nakul and Sahdev.

"Last time we all also met them at arena of function,"

"When we came back to chamber we heard from maids that they went to common hall,"

"We thought they were discussing and spending time with each other. That's why no one of us went to check on them," Arjun, Nakul and Sahdev answered one by one respectively.

"What's your answer, Bheem?" Yudhishthir asked Bheem who didn't join his brothers in their replies.

"Last time I met Valandhara when I left our chamber for function. After coming back I too discovered the same fact like our younger ones. I thought her mood will be cheered up spending time with sisters. That's why I too didn't go to check on her," Bheem lowered his head at the end of answer.

"Then you all slept being worry free!" Devika exclaimed in utter shock.

"I know about arya Bheem's last interaction with Valandhara. But what about all of you?" Draupadi's strictness made Nakul and Sahdev stare each other silently.

"Both of yours silence can't be the answer to this situation. Do the effort of uttering any word," Sensing their troublesome gesture Draupadi demanded her answer in her own way.

Nakul and Sahdev narrated their last interaction with Karenumati and Vijaya.

"What! You both told these to them!" Devika exclaimed again.

"Your words would have hurt them. But they can't leave like this from here," Draupadi's motherly affection towards her sisters made her eyes moist.

"But I didn't say anything hurtful to Subhi. Where she must be?" Arjun was astonished over Subhadra's disappearance as he was unknown about her reason.

"Mata will arrive here tomorrow. What will we answer her?" Bheem made everyone petrified with his question.

"Now don't waste time. Let's find them," After Nakul's statement brothers resumed searching the queens again.