Teach me how to flirt, chapter fourteen.

Chapter fourteen:

Ella noticed how quiet Zack was during their ride. She didn’t concentrate on the roads they were taking and her mind seemed to be preoccupied with his silent state. She wished she could ask him what’s wrong, but he was too silent that it sent chills up her spine.

Her eyes wandered around the streets reluctantly but she would steal a glimpse at him every now and then, what made her snap out of it, was when they drove into a long street that had big houses left and right. Everywhere she looked, trees would meet her eye and every time she’d catch a glimpse of a house, she’d mistaken it for a palace.

“Wow, your parents live here?” she breathed, forgetting for a moment how awkward everything was a second ago. Zack froze slightly as she spoke which made Ella frown, but he answered never the less.

“Yeah, they own a huge company chika. They must live in a place like that.”

Ella nodded to herself being convinced with what he’s saying. The car took a turn and she squinted her eyes to see the house they’re approaching clearly. But the sun was at their faces and she couldn’t see except multiple moving silhouettes in front of a grand building.

“Wow, today’s really sunny.” Zack muttered as he parked randomly. Ella rolled her eyes and stepped out of the car.

‘A typical rich boy. Thinks he could throw his shit anywhere and someone will just come and fix it up.” She thought.

She waited for Zack to walk around the car and meet her but was shocked when she watched him passing by her without even telling her to follow.

So they have a great night yesterday and today he has something up hi-

“Chika, let’s go.” He called out to her and Ella blushed madly, she judged him too fast.

When she reached his side, she noticed yet again the multiple groups of people standing around the big wooden door.

She tugged on Zack’s arm and whispered,” Who are they?”

She saw Zack’s lip curl up and he leant towards her –that her breath hitched in her throat- and whispered,   ” my father seems to have made this a celebration.”

Ella’s eyes widened and her fingers closed around his forearm strongly.

“You told me to wear something casual!” she hissed, Zack laughed lowly and stopped walking.

He turned around, made it a point to stare into her eyes, then his gaze slowly moved down her body and back up.

When he met her eyes again, he thanked the lord he didn’t kiss her or laugh at how cute she looked. Her hair was red, but her cheeks were definitely a thousand times redder.

“Are you blushing?” he asked surprised. Ella laughed awkwardly and exclaimed,” what? Pfft, no.”

Zack raised his eyebrow as he folded his arms at his chest.

“Ella, are you lying to-“ he started but was cut off when his father’s voice bloomed between the fake couple.

“well, well, well. You were right Zachariah, she is absolutely gorgeous.” Renaldo said with shine in his eyes. Ella’s heart wobbled a bit because it reminded her of how proud her father was when he accidently watched her dance her routine when she was eight. That was one of the few times she saw that look on his face and now Zack’s father was so homey, she felt she knew him all her life.