teach me how to flirt, chapter seventeen.

Teach me how to flirt.

Chapter seventeen:

You know that feeling you get when you wake up early in the morning? When you don’t want to face the world and just wish you could cover your face up with the covers to indulge into the world of dreams?

That was Not how Ella was feeling when she woke up the next day. In fact, she felt the exact opposite, she felt energetic, happy, positive, excited and in the end all of it is summed up in two words… in love.

So maybe after spending the previous night talking on the phone with Zack, chatting about nothing in particular, she still woke up with a happy glow.

Her instincts led her to check on the phone beside her and when her eyes caught on the words ‘ 1 new message’ a smile floated on her face.

“hey chika, I’m going to work and will pick you up on my way back. I don’t know why you didn’t pick up when I called but figured you were sleeping. See you tonight.”

Even though the message couldn’t be simpler, Ella’s heart flip flopped a couple of times.

He didn’t call her beautiful, he didn’t call her perfect, he didn’t call her baby, he called her chika. That word always held so many meanings in Ella’s mind that she couldn’t even imagine him telling her anything else.

She looked at the clock beside the bed and gasped when she realized it was three in the afternoon.

She slept a lot! But considering the fact that she stayed up really late to talk to Zachariah, her sleeping durations were still within normal limits.

She stood up and stretched, went through her morning ritual and it was already four, obviously her hot bath was too welcoming for her to just slip in and out of it quickly.

She walked downstairs and looked for her parents but the house was awfully quiet, she gulped before walking to their room and knocking.

No one said anything.

Does this mean they left?

She gulped again before turning the knob and peeking inside the room to find it perfectly arranged and organized.

They did leave.

Ella didn’t know how she felt exactly but the hurt was evident with the way her heart seized to beat enthusiastically for later tonight. plus, the feeling of abandonment, kind of haunted her right now.

She gulped for the thousandth time but it was because of how her tears were drowning her eyes that all she could see were the blurred objects inside her parents’ room.

Was it because she told them she didn’t care? They’re her parents, of course she does!

Zachariah was right, trying to convince herself that she hates her parents was like saying she won’t be angry if Zack slept with anot-

Let’s not complete the disturbing thought.

She realized –standing with tears falling silently on her face- that emotions are fragile.

There are easy as love changes into hate… and how hate changes into love.

It all requires one moment that we mostly miss to witness, so we end up standing like Ella, with a shocked expression on our faces and a heart that got beat up far too many times to care again.

She lied when she said she didn’t care, the first time. but now, she doesn’t care no more as in forever. Or was this a lie as well?

She wiped away her tears and was about to close the door when miraculously –as if god was by her side- the door’s movement, concentrated the light seeping through the gap towards a glittery thing that laid on the table by their bed. Ella never really wandered around their room because it tended to rise bad thoughts inside her, but the curiosity and the hope that ruled her blindly at that point pushed her to walk towards the glittery booklet, some sort of album and walk out of the room.