Nishinoya x Fem!Reader

(Long Chapter ahead)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        You were never able to sleep when you were away from home.

It made you a little embarrassed, since only children would get homesick as soon as one night into sleeping elsewhere but their own house.

You were only glad none of the boys knew about it, you didn't think they'd tease you (okay maybe Tsukki would....Tsukki definitely would) but you still didn't want them to know that their first-year manager was being such a baby about something this mortal.

You were already the youngest amongst them all, even younger than Kageyama who's been the baby of the team before you got recruited by Kiyoko to be the follow-up manager of the boy's volleyball team when her and the other three-years would leave next year. You didn't need them to think of you as not only the youngest but also the most vulnerable of the squad. They didn't need to know you were being an actual baby, and only because of a 5 day long training camp away from your hometown.

Everyone seemed to be so unbothered about sleeping elsewhere, most of the boys were more excited than anything to be away from their parents and house rules for a few days. None of the girls you had gotten to know better during breaks and extra training the boys had were nervous either.

Which made you feel like the biggest wuss.

It wasn't long before bed-time now, all of the girls and you had already gotten ready for bed and changed into your nightwear, yours consistent of boxers and an oversized hoodie (nights in tokyo were a lot colder than in karasuno), and gathered around to talk before finally hitting the sack.

You had snuck out of the room, though, when nobody was paying much attention to you. The anxiety of spending your first night this far away from home was slowly crawling its way under your skin and started to nag at your bones.

You didn't want anybody to notice and thus decided to get a snack; maybe some food would calm you down.

You thought you remembered seeing this vending machine with a few chocolate bars and soft drinks near the bathroom and it wasn't long until you found it, it being the only source of light illuminating the dark corridors of the floor.

And you've been being right. There were a variety of different snacks you could choose from, chocolate bars, chips and pretz biscuit chips even (which was your favorite).

You pressed the button with the right number, watching the snack you loved so much being slowly inched forward by the mechanism before it dropped down, ready for you to pick up.

You bent down, lifting the metal hatch and grabbing for the chips, already feeling a little better at the thought of the familiar snack in your hands, when there was a plodding noise from behind you startling you.

You didn't have time to see what it belonged to, neither did you have time to be scared, as there was a sudden voice suddenly coming from right behind you.

"You're hungry, too, huh?"

A startled scream escaped your lips instinctively before you could hold it back and you twirled around in your spot, wide eyes settling on the person who had so cruelly decided to sneak up on you while you were deep in thought.

As you recognized him, it startled you almost as badly as his sudden appearance had, not because you didn't expect him to be the one plagued by hunger after his several servings at dinner, but because you hadn't expected him to look so different.

"Sorry, i didn't mean to startle you," the boy apologized, giving you a soft smile and you nodded at him, your eyes still glued to where his hair was supposed to be.