Chapter 12- Falling Like Stars

As I slowly awakened, I sat up in my bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Suddenly, it occurred to me. It's Christmas Eve! I realized. After an entire year, it was finally time for Dad to deliver all the toys the elves had made to the children of the world.

I quickly scrambled to get out of bed and ran to my wardrobe to find an outfit to wear. Finally, I settled on a red off-the-shoulder long-sleeved shirt, a black skirt, a white vest, and my black boots. After I brushed through my hair, I headed to the bedroom door. I gasped as I opened it.

On the floor outside of my room was a small green box with a red ribbon. I slowly bent down and picked it up and examined the gift tag. It read: "Snow Angel"

I walked back into my room and unwrapped the gift with anticipation. A note folded in half rested on top of a tissue paper-covered item. I opened the note and smiled as I read it.

"Merry Christmas, Snow Angel! Meet me in the workshop ;)

Love, Bernard"

I pulled out the mystery object and unwrapped it. Inside was a beautiful silver snow globe with small snowflakes etched along the base. Inside the globe was a wintery forest with a clearing in the center. As I noticed the two snow angels on the ground, I realized that it was our clearing. The one Bernard and I confessed our feelings for one another in. I grinned as I shook up the snow globe, causing the snow to swirl around inside and reveal Bernard and I making snow angels together.

I beamed and hugged the snow globe close to my chest.

"Drawing hearts on the foggy glass~
New love, chased away my past~
Nothing but the open road, saddle up, here we go...
One...two...three~"

As I sang, I shook up the snow globe again. As the snow swirled around, memories of the day we confessed danced around my head.

"First winter here in your arms~
Flames rising as we fall like the stars~
Making angels in the snow, warm fuzzy, frozen toes~
Is this a dream?"

I gently placed the snow globe on my bedside table, not wanting to drop it as I twirled around my room. I was lovestruck and completely head-over-heels. It filled me with excitement.

"Don't wake me up
If this is love~
Please, let me be...
Swept completely off my feet~
This snow globe scene is turning me~
This Christmas Eve, "I" became "We"~"

The bright smile that graced my face never left my lips.

"Don't wake me please~
From this winter dream~
Winter dream~
Winter dream~"

I left my bedroom and began walking down the hall towards the workshop.

"Built a fire to escape the cold...
Bing Crosby on the stereo~
Tracing letters on my skin, slowly starts sinking in..."

I stopped walking and looked at the note in my hand. For once, I wasn't left to wonder if he really cared, because unlike my past loves, I knew Bernard did. I was almost too awestruck to believe any of it was real.

"You love me..."

I brought the note to my chest and held it close as I continued walking.

"Oh, don't wake me up...
If this is love~
Please, let me be~"