Chapter 41- The Defrosting

:-:3rd Person POV:-:

~• 12 Years Ago •~

The cold December air blew snow through the atmosphere, spreading the beautiful white flecks of snow across the earth. It was late at night on Christmas Eve, and the world was fast asleep. Well, except for one soul: Santa Claus. The jolly old man was going about his business, spreading cheer to children, only for the peaceful scene to be absolutely shattered by two bumbling men who came barreling down from the sky. Little did Santa Claus know, this Christmas Eve was one of the most important Christmas eve's in existence.

As Jack Frost and Scott Calvin fell from the sky, Scott mentally prepared himself to ensure that Jack didn't get the Santa coat again. After seeing the reality where Jack Frost became Santa Claus, Scott knew now more than ever that he had to be Santa instead of Frost. He couldn't let his friends and family live in such a horrible world because of his mistakes.

Luckily, Scott was able to trick Jack Frost into wishing he'd never become Santa at all, but that didn't make stealing the coat back any easier. After all, he still had to keep Jack away from the coat long enough so that past Scott Calvin could put on the red coat first.

As the two legendary figures landed in a snowbank, Jack Frost quickly sat up. "I gotta get my coat back." He nervously spoke.

Jack took off running but Scott quickly grabbed his legs causing him to trip and crash into a pile of snow. He quickly tried to scurry away from Scott, only for him to be grabbed again. "Come here!"

Scott suddenly noticed his past self exiting the house and he ducked behind a snowman, taking Frost with him.

"Hey!" Jack angrily spoke.

Scott slapped his hand over Jack's mouth to silence him, but Jack continued to object with muffled protests.

"Hey, you!" Scott heard his past self shout.

"Ho ho... Uh-oh!" The old Santa shouted before he went tumbling off the roof. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"Let me go! That coat belongs to me." Jack exclaimed, trying to wiggle out of Scott's grasp.

"No, Frost, that coat belongs to him," Scott whispered.

"You got him!" Past Charlie exclaimed, running out into the yard along with his sister, (Yn).

"Is that guy okay?" Past (Yn) asked with worry.

"I-I don't know..." Past Scott nervously said. "Would you guys please stay on the porch?"

"Well, I'm Santa now, okay?" Jack argued.

Scott scoffed. "You don't look like Santa."

Past Charlie beamed. "It is Santa!"

"You killed him." (Yn) gasped.

"Did not!" Scott said, quickly defending himself. "It is not Santa."

"I want my coat!" Jack cried. "I want the coat!"

Scott peeked out behind the snowman to see the past versions of Scott, (Yn), and Charlie on the roof, examining a sleigh full of reindeer. So close... Scott thought to himself. "Why?! 'Cause you make such a good Santa? Because all the elves love you? Those people you took money from love you?" Scott scoffed at Jack. "Listen to me, listen to me. Being Santa's not something you could take. It's something that chooses you."