❁ Prologue ❁

A Harry Potter Soulmate AU

°•♡•°

Beatrice has always wondered if something was wrong with her. Maybe because she was a Potter in Slytherin, something entirely unheard of.
It was a surprise to all when she was sorted into Slytherin of all houses.

She wasn't in Gryffindor like her older brother was, or his friends and her parents. They were all Gryffindors, brave and chivalrous. Nothing like what she apparently was.

Cunning and Ambitious.

But Beatrice didn't even know if she was all that. She was nothing like a true Slytherin. She didn't feel ambitious, in fact, she had no idea what she wanted to do. After all, she was only in her fourth year at Hogwarts.

And things have been getting worse for her as each year passed.

It started in first year, when the sorting had announced that she was in Slytherin. After that, everything changed. Her brother, James, he was so disappointed. So, angry and disappointed. And her parents? They were enraged. Especially her mother.

She's never felt neglected but after being sorted, she truly knew what that word meant. Her parents started setting rules for her, they rarely talked to her and most of the time, spent time with their son.

And her housemates? Oh boy, that was another story.

No one liked her.

In their eyes, she wasn't a true Slytherin. A Potter in Slytherin was unheard of. Very unheard of. It was mostly the older kids who made fun of her, the others only ignored her.

Well, not all of them. She had found a few allies and mutual friends.

But it wasn't the same.

She was all alone.

And it didn't help that her brother and his friends were always pranking people, the Marauders, that's what they were called. And unfortunately for her, she was their favorite victim.

Any chance given, they would prank her. She actually expected better from Remus Lupin, but he just stood in the background while her brother, Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew laughed.

Even most of the teachers didn't like her.

Except for Slughorn and McGonagall. They actually liked her, they thought she was the most brilliant witch of their time.

And truly, perhaps she was, her grades were amazing. After all, she had nothing except for her books.

Merlin, that sounds so Ravenclaw of her. Well, she was almost sorted into that house because of her smart and intelligent brain. She guessed it wasn't so bad.