009

➳༻❀✿❀༺➳

[So sorry for the late update! The cite that I use for the transcript and the writing and the plot, the book version, hasn't been working since they have been 'updating.' But it's been days, I still can't log on! I use Hogwarts is Here, unless anyone knows another cite. I'vehad to use the movie transcript for this chapter and maybe the next few ones.]

...

Beatrice, along with everyone else in the theater stared at the screen eagerly.

She sat up, a shocked breath leaving her as the culprit was revealed.

Harry walks down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, he winces, feeling his scar burning, and sees Professor Quirrell standing before the Mirror of Erised. "You?" He asks as Quirrell turns to face him. "No. I-it can't be. Snape, h-he was the one--" He stutters in confusion.

James stares at the screen. "No. It can't be possible." He whispers.

Sirius shakes his head. "No, I refuse to believe it. How in Merlin's name is it him!" He fails his arms around.

Bellatrix and Narcissa stare at the screen along Lucius. How is it him? He was too weak.

"This makes no sense." Mary frowns in confusion.

Dorcus scoffs. "It can't be him! I refuse to believe it!"

"It's..." Mary was speechless, she stares at the screen with wide eyes.

Dumbledore stares at the screen, his eyes growing in disbelief. But deep down, he had a small feeling.

Remus and Lily share looks, with the redhead signing in relief. The two had been putting the clues together, it couldn't have been Severus, he wouldn't do that. Lily knew it, but then again, did she?

Lexi nods, humming to herself as she thinks everything over. If you looked closely, it was possibly Quirrell.

Evan and many other Slytherins glare at the Gryffindors for suspecting one of their smartest Slytherins.

Severus smirks at James and Sirius, leaning back in his seat as Evan patted him on the back.

"Could have been him, uh?" Regulus mutters.

Barty shrugs. "Not really. He's too much of a nerd to do so."

Regulus starss at him for a few minutes before nodding. "True."

Quirrell smirks. "Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?" He makes a mocking face.

"You ass!" James yells, lunging at the screen but Sirius and Peter hold him down while Remus face palms.

Beatrice stares at the screen, feeling her hands grow sweaty and clammy. She swallows nervously.

Harry shakes his head. "But-but that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me."

Quirrell smiles evilly. "No, dear boy. I tried to kill you."

Harry eyes him in disbelief and confusion.

"And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with Snape muttering his little countercurse." Quirrell scoffs, glaring at him.