027

Harry speaks up as he, Aranya and Ron race into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and up the stairs to Lockhart's office. "Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try to get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know!"

Aranya nods, agreeing with him.

Harry opens the door to the office and steps inside. "Professor, we have some information for you." He says, with the others following. Lockhart stuffs some clothes into his trunk, which he closes as he turns toward then.

"He is seriously not packing!" James snaps.

"He can't be!" Lily says in disbelief.

"That little-" Marlene scowls.

"He's a fraud," Lexi clicks her tongue. "I've been saying it from the very beginning."

"Yeah, but his hair is great." Barty says with a shrug.

Ron scowls at him.

Aranya narrows her eyes.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry asks.

Lockhart clears his throat. "Um... well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Uh, got to go."

Ron growls, looking outraged. "What about my sister?!"

"Piece of shit." Fabian scowls.

Gideon shakes his head. "Absolute disgrace."

Molly whimpers.

Lockhart shifts uncomfortably. "Uh, well, um... As to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I."

Ron stares at him in disbelief. "You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. You can't go now!"

Lockhart speaks up as he stuffs his things in his handbag then moves around his desk. "Well, I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about--"

Harry, blocking his path, scowls. "You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?!"

"He's a fake." Aranya snorts, crossing her arms as she glared heatedly.

Lockhart clears his throat. "Books can be misleading." He shrugs.

Aranya scoffs. "You wrote them!"

Lockhart placs his bag on his desk. "My dear boy, do use your common sense! My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things!"

Harry stares hard at Lockhart. "You're a fraud. You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done!"

Ron scoffs as Lockhart directs his attention to him. "Is there anything you can do?"

Lockhart smile slyly. "Yes. Now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing, and I'd never have sold another book." Harry, Aranya and Ron look at each other as Lockhart walks toward his suitcase]. "In fact, uh... I'm uh..."

"That little!" Sirius yelps.

James scowls.

Lily glares hard.

Ron nods at Harry and Aranya, and they both reach into their robes to pull out their wands.

"...going to have to do the same to you."
He collects his wand from the suitcase, but Harry, Aranya and Ron already have their wands pointed at him.