one

"Jaden! Let me in, for fucks sake!" I cross my arms stubbornly over my chest as I let out a puff of air, "I'm here for Jayla! I promised her I'd help her with a paid partnership!" I'm practically screaming at him at this point—drawing attention—whilst Jaden leans against the door mimicking my crossed arms with a mocking smirk on his face. He is such a dick.

"Hmm...let me think about it," he taps his chin with his pointer finger whilst he pretends to be deep in thought, "No." He closes the door in my face, and I swear I was going to scream bloody murder right then and there if a voice hadn't spoken from behind me, "Leah? Is he giving you a hard time again?" I plaster on a tight smile as I hear that agitating voice, and I turn to find Ava—his girlfriend—standing behind me with a smile on her face. A fake smile, might I add. "Ava, hi." I return the fake smile as I run my hand through my brunette locks, "You know Jaden," I laugh, "He's a pain in my ass." I smile sweetly as Ava's smile drops and she scoffs. I turn around and let my self in, slamming the door behind me in the process.

I find Jaden already waiting for me whilst he sits on the stair case when I try to make my way up, "Your psychotic girlfriend is outside, by the way." I tap his head on the way past as I make my way into Jayla's room, walking in on her making a TikTok. I smile and wave to the camera before walking into her bathroom to wash my hands—I don't know where Jaden has been, for all I know, he could be holding a disease.

"Yo, Lee?" Jayla calls out from her bedroom whilst I dry my hands on a spare towel, "Yeah, Jay?" I ask back as I walk into her room, finding her sitting on her bed waiting for me to film, "I promise once you've helped me with this, I'll treat you to Starbucks." She waves her phone around whilst a big—genuine—smile takes over my face.

"Deal."

~*~

"That was great, thanks Lee." Jayla uses the nickname she's given me since I was five. Jayla is two years older then me, but for as long as I can remember, we have always been inseparable; we would never leave eachother's side since we met at the zoo eleven years ago. The age gap never stopped us from being friends, even though our time tables are quite different.

"No problem, Jay." I smile at her as Wanna bursts through the door, startling the both of us, "Jesus Javon," Jayla scolds, "I could of been naked, knock next time." Javon smiles sheepishly whilst he rubs the back of his neck, "My bad, it's just that Ava is over; I can hear her annoying voice from a mile away. I didn't want to sit in silence listening to how Jaden isn't rubbing her feet in the right way." He shudders as me and Jayla share a look, both of us trying to hold in our laugh.

"We were just going to get Starbucks, you wanna come?" I ask him as I stand up and grab a random jacket from Jayla's closet. "Yes, please." He walks out the room—most likely to put his shoes on—whilst Jayla fixes up her makeup before turning back to me with a smile, "Ready?" I nod my head amd we make our way downstairs to see Daelo sitting on the sofa, "Hey, mumps!" I wave to him as he looks up from the TV and waves back, "Hey, where are you guys going? I want to come." He pouts as he watches Javon trail behind us, "Sorry, teens only, Daelo." Jayla responds before opening the door and walking out.

I smile apologetically towards the kid before I follow suit and get into the passenger seat before Wanna can even utter the word 'shotgun'. "Hey, no fair." The devil himself pouts as he slumps his way into the back seat, behind Jayla. "Sorry, not sorry." I laugh as Jayla starts the journey to Starbucks.

Ten minutes in, Wanna gets a call and groans, "It's Jaden, he's totally going to give me an ear ache about how we didn't invite him and Ava." He grumbles whilst he answers the call reluctantly.

"What?" There's muttering in the background whilst Javon gives back simple answers like, 'yes', 'nah bro' and 'for fucks sake, Jaden. Can I hang up now?'. That one was used a few times. Even though they spend half of their time bickering, I know that they really love eachother and would pick eachother over anything and everything. That's why it's so funny when they argue, they act so dramatic.

Javon finally gets to hang up the phone and sighs, "Jaden said he's meeting us there. I told him there is no use though because we aren't even getting out of the car." He rolls his eyes whilst he runs his hand over his head.

Jayla snickers, "Wanna, you look like you want to jump out the car." He shakes his head whilst he scrolls through his phone, "No sane person would want to be in the presence of Ava," he says the name with so much disgust I almost burst out laughing, "I've told him so many times he's too good for her, he should be with someone like Leah." I choke on my own spit as Jayla laughs her ass off next to me.

"No, thank you." I bite out whilst I cross my arms over my chest, "I'd rather lick a toilet seat." Never in a million years would I ever see me and Jaden getting along, let alone being a couple.

It just doesn't sound right.

"Me and Jaden's name in the same sentence sounds so foreign," I mutter, "That just shows that we are not—and never will be—a thing." We make it to Starbucks and Jayla pulls up, so we can order our drinks before driving through and picking up our coffees. Except Javon, he got a hot chocolate.

"I still think you should give him a chance," Javon shrugs, "He's a good kid, Leah." I turn to Wanna and raise my eyebrows, "We are still on this? I thought the conversation was over ten minutes ago." The door suddenly opens and I jump out of my skin. I'm greeted with a cold glare whilst Jaden leans over me and unbuckles my seatbelt before practically dragging me out of the car and shoving me into the back with Javon without muttering a single word.

"Oh, he's a good kid is he?" I ask sarcastically whilst I glare daggers at the back of Jaden's head. Javon sighs beside me, "Yeah, that wasn't the most perfect timing." I hum mockingly whilst I look around for any sign of a girl that doesn't know how to zip her mouth, but I'm left with nothing. "Where's Ava?" I ask the boy in front of me whilst I lean in between the drivers seat and the passengers seat.

Jaden only glances at me for a split second before looking straight ahead again, like I'm not even worth his time. "Hello?" I wave my hand in his face, "Can you hear me? What's the matter with you." I throw my hands in the air whilst the stubborn boy continues to ignore me. I don't know why, but him acting like I don't even exist stings.

"Yo, J. Stop being a dickhead. Answer her." Jayla speaks up. Jaden rolls his eyes with a sigh, "We had an argument, alright? Jeez, can the attention move away from me?" He snaps whilst he leans his head on the window, looking out at the passing cars.

Jayla gives me wide eyes in the review mirror before she starts up the car. I know that look, that looks says 'this is going to be a long and awkward drive'. I purse my lips whilst I lean back in my seat and sigh whilst I watch the trees out the car window.

~*~

The drive was in fact awkward and as soon as we got back to the Walton's house, Jaden got out the car, before it even stopped moving, and slammed the door behind him. "Fucking hell, how does one annoying girl have such an affect on him like this?" Jayla asks out loud whilst she parks the car and kills the engine.

"I don't know." Me and Wanna mutter in unison before we all get out the car and make our way inside.

Something tells me this is going to be a long day.