thirteen, part 2

A/N
Okay, I would quickly like to say that I literally love every single one of you who actually gave this ff a shot. If I'm being honest, I didn't think this book was going to go anywhere, but the fact that you all take time out of your day just to read my book actually amazes me. It's just hit 1k reads and I'm so so happy!! I can't thank you guys enough for reading, voting and commenting on my book and showing "You're insufferable" so much love, I appreciate all of you.

I love you all, and I hope you have a fantastic day <33

—much love, RXY.

~*~

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Jay. I didn't know how to, I was still trying to figure it out if I fully liked Jaden myself." I sob into my best friend's shoulder as she softly rocks us back and forth. I lean back to look at her face, only to find no emotions whatsoever. "Jay, say something." I plead desperately, hoping that I didn't just loose my best friend.

It feels like time moves in slow-motion before she finally utters words that shock me, "I already knew, Lee." She whispers softly. She sighs and leans up, "I...well, I sort of followed you guys to the bathroom. But before you but in!—" she cuts me off as I open my mouth to speak, "I only followed because I thought it was going to end up in another fight." She reasons as she puts her hands up in surrender.

I gulp, trying to calm my breathing, as I take in this new piece of information. That means she's known for just a little bit over a week now, "How...? Why...?" I sigh and slump back, taking a big breath in, before trying again, "So, you're not...mad at me? How come I didn't see you when I ran out?" She bites her lips and shrugs her shoulders.

"I guess you were too caught up in the moment. And, I uh....I sort of heard the whole kissing situation." I freeze, my eyes wide, as I stare Jayla directly in the eyes. "Jay—" I start, but she waves her hand in the air. "Before you apologise and say a cheesy speech, I want to let you know that I'm not bothered. I find it quite cute actually. You know, a little enemies to lovers moment and all." She teases me as she pushes her shoulder into mine.

I roll my eyes at her and look down towards the floor, a big ass smile on my face, until I suddenly remember who's in the house. "But it won't work out, Ava and Jaden are back together." I bite my lip and wipe my wet eyes with my sleeves before I look back at Jayla.

"Oh, for fucks sake. No offence, but you can be so dumb sometimes." My jaw drops as she quickly puts her hand out, shushing me once more, "Hear me out. You and Jaden kiss and then only, what? Five days later he "gets" back with Ava? He obviously has feelings for you and he's just afraid to admit it to himself, so he's going back to Ava because that's all he knows. Ava is just a distraction, Lee." I take in every single word that falls from Jayla's mouth and take her reasoning into consideration.

"Okay, but I admitted that I liked him in the bathroom. Surely, he would've just told me he liked me back?"

Jayla snickers, "Pfft, no. Come on, Lee, you know better. Jaden is so fucking stubborn, he isn't going to confess to shit." I nod my head and play with my hands.

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right."

"I know I am." She says in a matter of fact tone and stands up, bringing me with her. "Now, movie night? No boys?" I smile and nod my head. Spending some time with my best friend is what I need right about now.

~*~

We only managed to watch one film before we got disrupted, "Yo, Jay. Can you go live with me real quick? I haven't talked to my supporters for awhile." Javon walks through the door with his phone in his hand, his thumb hovering over the screen, ready to go live. "I would've went live with Jaden, but....uh. Yeah, lets just says he's preoccupied right now." My throat goes tight at the hint that he's busy with Ava, and my shoulders slump in defeat.

"Yeah, bro." Jayla responds quickly. Wanna sets up the camera, me in view as well, as he presses the button for him to go live.

"Yo, what's good?" Javon asks as the comments start rolling in. Most of them are saying hi from there country and others are saying they want to see Jaden. I find that quite disrespectful sometimes, people wanting to see someone else even though they clicked on a different persons live.

"Wassup." Jayla says as she scans the comments. She snickers and points out a comment to me which reads "ava<<leah" and I burst out laughing. "Yeah, right." I softly mutter under my breath.

"What's so funny?" Wanna asks the pair of us as we shrug our shoulders and smirk at one another.

Two minutes go by when suddenly Jaden requests to join the live. Wanna accepts immediately and Jaden's face pops up on the screen. "Yo." Is all he says, but I don't pay attention to that at all. All my eyes (and attention) can focus on is the hickey that is barely visible on the side of his neck, but it's there.

"Is that—?" Jayla starts, but I cut her off.

"Yep." Loads of people start to pick up on it too, but the only one oblivious to this whole situation is Javon.

People start questioning about the hickey, and soon enough, Jaden acknowledges it, "Is that a hickey? What, no? It's just a rash." Fucking idiot, does he think people are going to fall for that? It's purple for fucks sake. A fake, high-pitched, laugh comes from behind the camera before shuffling is heard and Ava comes into view.

"Stop lying to your fans, Jaden." Jaden's eyes widen and all you can see is him turn to her before he leaves the live. Silence greets us afterwards and we all just sit there and watch as questions about Ava and Jaden getting back together flow through the comments before throwing up emojis start to get spammed. If I wasn't so upset right now, I probably would've laughed.

"Uhh...I think I'm going to end this live here guys. Peace out."

The last comment I see is Jaden's: "Yes, Ava gave me a hickey. Y'all stop being childish and deal with it."

I don't know how to deal with it, Jaden. I sigh I drop my head into my hands.

What has he done?

A/N
Happy new year, guys!!!

I love you all, Mwah <33