eight, part 1

"Wow." I mutter as I look in the mirror; I don't recognise myself. "I look so...—"

"Pretty? Stunning? Gorgeous? Like a goddess? Marvellous?" Jayla holds her fingers out as she ticks of the words to describe how I look. I blush as I look down at my hands, "I was just going to say 'nice', but those work too." Jayla laughs as she tilts my head up so that I'm looking at her through the mirror, "Even those words don't do you justice, Lee." She smiles at me as she pushes some hair over my shoulders, and backs away. "There," she nods her head, "Beautiful."

I turn to look at Jayla, who's wearing a black strapless dress and some nice high heels to go with it, and I beam at her, "You look amazing, Jay. Fucking gorgeous." I mutter as she gives me a little spin, making the both of us laugh.

A knock on the door brings us out of our little laughing fit and I go to stand up whilst it bursts open. "KYLEE!!" Me and Jayla shout in unsion as we practically rugby tackle the poor girl to the ground. We haven't properly got to hang out with her in ages and Jayla saw an opportunity to invite her to the party and took it.

"Oh my days, you girls look lush." Kylee mutters in awe as we all stand up from tumbling over.

"Says you, Kylee. Look at you!" I smile as I grab her hand and give her a little spin, causing all of us to laugh.

"Thank you, thank you." Kylee smiles as she brushes the non-existent dust off of her dress before bowing.

"Are you girls ready?" Wanna speaks out of nowhere, making us girls jump, before turning to him with wide eyes. "Wanna! For fucks sake, you scared me!" Jayla hits him on the arm whilst walking past him—me and Kylee trailing behind her. "Yes, we are. Hurry up!" She shouts over her shoulder.

Half way down the stairs, I curse under my breath, "Fuck, I left my jacket. I'll be back in a sec, yeah?" The girls nod whilst I make my way past Wanna and back into Jayla's room. I lift up pillows and teddy bears until I finally huff and slouch on the bed.

"Where the fuck is it?" I ask myself as I hear someone clear their throat from the door way. My head snaps up at the sound and my brows pinch together as my lips form a straight line, "Jaden, give me my jacket, please." I stretch my hand out as I walk up to him.

He holds my jacket under his arm as his eyes trail down my body before looking back up to my eyes with a raised eyebrow, "And what the hell do you think your wearing?" He tilts his head to the side as he waits for my reply, only to be greeted with the roll of my eyes.

"It's a fucking dress, Jaden? What else am I supposed to wear to a party? My bikini is under it." I shrug as I go to grab my jacket, but he pulls it above his head, a smirk growing on his lips as I try to reach for it. What is this kid? Six foot three? I'm not that small.

I huff as I step back, "Jaden, give me my fucking jacket. We're not kids!" I cross my arms at his childish behaviour as his smirk only grows.

That fucking smirk, I think to myself, I really want to slap it off his pretty face sometimes.

I choke on my own spit at how easily my own thoughts can think of him in such a way. I don't find him pretty, I find him awful. Yes, awful. He is awful to look at, nothing else.

"Jaden, just give me the damn jacket. We're going to be late otherwise." Jaden hums as he lowers my jacket, just in reach. As my hand latches onto it, he pulls me forward, an 'oof' sound escaping my lips, "You better not pull any shit tonight." And with that being said, he pushes me back before making his way downstairs.

I scoff as I watch his retreating back, I better not pull any shit? What the hell does this kid think I'm going to do? Pee in the pool?

Picking up my jacket that fell from his grip, I pull it on before I shut Jayla's door behind me and walk down the stairs to see everyone waiting for me at the door. "Finally! What took you so long?" Javon moans dramatically as he throws his arms up in the air.

I sigh, "Sorry, I had to deal with a little prick that I found in my hand." I grumble as I bump my shoulder into Jaden's on the way past. I hear him snicker under his breath, clearly getting my joke, but I was hoping it would have pissed him off instead of amusing him. Damn it.

"You good?" Kylee asks whilst Jayla grabs my hand to inspect it. "Yeah," I shrug Jayla off, "I'm fine. Are we ready to go?" I ask the small group of teens. They all nod their head as we make it outside to the family car so we can all fit inside.

Jaden ends up driving this time with Javon in the passenger seat, us three girls sitting in the back. "Is there going to be alcohol?" Jayla asks Jaden, who just shrugs his shoulders. "Their better not be," Jayla scolds, "I don't want any of you drinking, you hear?" Me and Kylee glance over at eachother, both of us desperately trying not to laugh as we nod our heads.

"Yes, mum." I say sarcastically as everyone laughs at my joke—except from Jaden, what a surprise. I mentally roll my eyes at him.

"Right, are all of us ready to go?" Jaden asks as he adjusts the mirror. I look up and connect eyes with him as I'm sitting behind him, and find it hard to look away from his chocolate brown eyes. I push down the feeling going off in my stomach as I force my eyes away from his. How can he literally just look at me and give me butterflies? I've never felt like this for a boy before and it just so happens to be the one who treats me awfully.

Such great taste I have, I think to myself as I slump back in my seat as Jaden starts the car and finally starts the short journey to his friends house.

Tonight is the night. It's time for me to find a boyfriend, so I can finally get over Jaden. It's not a need, it's a must.

~*~

A/N
I'm sorry, I know it's a short chapter! But I just wanted to say thank you to the people who have been reading and rating my book, I well and truly appreciate it!!! Thank you all so much🫶🏼

I hope you all have an amazing day, and I'm really sorry again for the short chapter, but I haven't really found the time to write, but I'll try over these next couple of days to post more :)