two

I was right. The whole night was spent with Jaden moping about whilst throwing snarky comments my way about how I should 'shut the fuck up for once in my life', and how I should just go home because my presence annoys him that much.

Of course I paid him no mind, and continued my night in Wanna's room where me and Jayla gossiped about the guys and girls we liked whilst he just sat there and listened. If there is one thing you should know about Javon, it's that he's very good at listening. Apart from Jayla, I go to Wanna for all my problems, he normally doesn't have advice for me, but it's nice to know someone actually listens.

"I should get going, Jay," I announce as I throw the jacket on that I borrowed yesterday, "My mum is probably expecting me home." She nods her head in understanding and stands to give me a hug.

"Bye, love." She shouts whilst I walk out her room. I laugh under my breath before I walk into Javon's room to say my goodbyes, "Yo, I'm going." He throws a smile over his shoulder and waves before he turns back to his phone and talks to one of his friends.

Making my way downstairs, I walk to the front door, but only manage to open it the slightest bit before a voice calls out to me from behind, "Going without saying goodbye? I'm hurt, Leah." It takes everything in me to not snap at Jaden whilst I calmly turn around to be greeted with that stupid fucking smirk that he wears because he knows it pisses me off.

"Jaden," I acknowledge him, "Out of your little hissy fit yet?" I grin as I watch him try his best not to snap—I love pissing him off, it's my favourite hobby. "What hissy fit?" He dismisses whilst he finishes the walk down the stairs. He makes his way up to me and I step back, accidentally closing the door behind me whilst doing so. His arms come up and block me from any chance of escaping, and his voice drops to a whisper, "I can't help that you're a little bitch that doesn't know how to stay out if other people's' business," my eyes widen at his use of words as he continues to stare into my soul, "Last time I checked, you don't even have a boyfriend. So, why don't you stay out of other people's relationships and focus on your own life, yeah?" I hold my breath as I bite my tongue,

"You're insufferable." I barely grit out as I hold eye contact with the devil, suddenly aware of just how close we really are as my breathing escalates and our chest graze. He smirks again, about to open his mouth, probably to say something else horrible to please himself, before someone else clears their throat.

"Jaden? Leah? Are you two okay?" Jaden jumps back as we are greeted with Jessica standing behind us with her arms crossed. "We're fine, mum. I was just saying my goodbyes, Leah was just leaving." There was a snap in his voice when he said the last bit, almost like it was a threat? I release my breath I was holding a force a smile onto my face, "He's right, I was just leaving, goodbye Jessica!" I walk out the house before she can even respond and start the familiar walk back to my house.

I don't even realise I'm crying until the tears fall down my face, and I taste the salty tears on my tongue. All of this because I asked where his crazy girlfriend was, he has some serious issues.

Fuck him.

~*~

"Mum!" I call out into the open space whilst I shrug my—Jayla's—jacket off, "Are you home?" I didn't see her car in the driveway, but sometimes my older sister, Stella, burrows it to see her friends.

"I'm in the kitchen, honey." Her soft voice calls out to me whilst I follow her voice into the kitchen. My eyes widen when I see noah—Stella's ex-boyfriend—sitting at the table. 'What's he doing here?' I mouth to my mum whilst she shrugs her shoulders. The fuck?

"Noah?" His head turns to me and a big grin takes over his lips, "Lou Lou." I roll my eyes at the horrendous nickname he gave me two years ago whilst I take a seat next to him, "You know I hate when you call me that." I grit out as he just laughs it off.

Noah, even though he can be a little annoying sometimes, is probably my favourite boy out of all the boyfriends Stella has ever had. He was the only one who treated me kindly and included me in stuff—Stella liked that about him too. I don't actually know the reason why they broke up, I think it was 'the right person, wrong time' sort of thing. Stella wasn't mentally ready for a boyfriend when she met Noah, so they ended it I guess. "What are you doing here?" I ask, trying to make light conversation whilst my mum continues making dinner.

He dramatically gasps as he grips at his t-shirt, "Trying to get rid of me already, Lou Lou?" My mother laughs whilst I purse my lips and shake my head, "You haven't changed," I comment. He laughs whilst he ruffles my hair—something he used to do to piss me off, "I'm here for Stella, I'm...well I'm going to ask her if she wants to go on a date. A fresh start, you know?" I nod my head with a smile. Noah is good for Stella; he's a gentleman.

Something Jaden is not, my mind tells me. My eyebrows pinch together whilst I slump back in my seat, why am I still thinking about that dick? He's not worth my time.

"Only if that's okay with you, Taylor?" Noah calls out to my mother, bringing me back into reality. "Of course, sweetheart." She smiles softly before the doorbell goes. I turn to Noah and only then do I realise the white roses—her favourite flowers—and a box of chocolates tucked under his arm. "You better go upstairs, good luck." He nods his head in a 'thank you' gesture and rushes up the stairs before I hear the front door close.

"Leah? You home?" Stella's voice booms from the main entrance. "Yeah! Hey, Stella? Can you go in your room and get your charger for me? Mines broken and I'm helping mum with dinner." She falls for me lie easily and I smirk to myself.

Bingo.

~*~

I hear squealing and running coming down the stairs before a ring is pushed into my face, "Look! Look! Look! He got me a promise ring, Lee! A fucking promise ring! It's beautiful." I smile whilst I look at the ring, and it is in fact very beautiful. "I'm so happy for you, Stella." I hug her, but I can't help but feel....envy? Jealousy? Something. I feel something, and it's bugging me.

Why can't I find a good guy like Noah? Maybe Jaden was right, I need to focus on my own dating life, instead of his—instead of anyones, really. I've never had a boyfriend, but seeing the way Noah treats my sister, I want to have one.

Mine and Jayla's next task? Finding me a boyfriend.

"Hey, Jayla? I have a question..." I speak into my phone once I close my door behind me.

~*~

A/N
A short chapter, but I hoped you enjoyed! :)