CHAPTER 4: THE MERCHANDISE STAND

As soon as I walked in, the smell of alcohol stung me in the face. There were a bunch of drunk, middle aged men laughing and talking obnoxiously loud.

Krist grabbed my arm so tight my circulation would have been cut if he didn't stop soon and dragged me over to where I was supposed to set up, as if he thought I was trying to escape or something.

"Here you are, your home for the next couple hours" He snickered

I sat behind the crummy stand and started to fold up shirts.

"I'm going with Kurt on an instrument hunt, try not screw up anything deary"

I glared at him as he backed off, showing him my longest finger.

We had a strange 'friendship' . We both obviously hated each other, but we could tolerate each other.

For the next 2 hours, people started coming in and I became a professional in the field of shirt folding. There were only around 100 shirts to sell, so I was really hoping that they would sell fast so I wouldn't have to stand here all night.

I put my head down on the desk and waited for people to arrive.

10 minutes into my 'resting', I jolted up due to a soft tap on my head.

A tall lanky man with long blonde hair, which was obviously dyed, stood in front of me. He was smiling like a little child.

"Hello?"

"My name is Dave, Krist told me to come introduce myself to you, your Vanilla right?"

I was taken aback. Vanilla?

"Uhh, no It's Fionnuala" I awkwardly said.

He looked confused, it was almost humorous "Are you sure? I'm pretty sure Krist said you were Vanilla?"

"No.. Krist was dropped on the head as a child, don't mind him" I smiled

"Oh.. I didn't know that" He looked down at his feet.

I deadpanned him, "I was joking"

He started laughing, "I know, anyway I'm the new drummer for Nirvana"

"Ohhh, it's nice to meet you" I hollowly smiled, something about him was so welcoming.

"Dave, get your scrawny little ass in here, we have the instruments!" Krist yelled so everyone in the room could hear.

I looked him up and down with a 'haha your fucked' look, and he slowly waved to me and ran off.

A large number of people came flooding in the cramped venue, lucky I was behind the merch bar, or I would have for sure been trampled to death.

I hadn't seen Nirvana live since Bleach was released, so I was curious to see how Kurt and Krist had improved, and how good Dave really was.

The rush of people was actually pretty good for me, I sold all the shirts before Nirvana even came on. That meant that I could try and enjoy myself without being trapped behind a stand.

I emerged myself within the crowd of people, it was a bit too squishy for my comfort.

Kurt walked out on the stage, followed by Krist and then Dave.

The show was actually pretty amazing, and even though I'm currently mad at Kurt, he sure did have great stage presence.

That's when I was actually paying attention to him.

I think he enjoyed seeing me get thrown around the mosh pit.

But, my attention was mostly on their newest member. He sure knew how to play drums, and I could tell his drumming was great and that Kurt was pleased with it.

I rummaged through the large cheering crowd, to go congratulate them. I couldn't seem to find them.

Except I found someone else. Oliver with another girl, and they were all over each other.

I couldn't have cared less. And for the record I was NO better than he was, but seeing him full on another girl in public was sort of a gross sight for me.

We made eye contact after he finished his smooch sesh, and he immediately got up and started coming my way.

I turned around, grabbed the empty glass bottle from the man behind me, and walked Oliver's way, hiding it behind my back.

Before I tell you, just know I wasn't thinking straight, as I was almost wasted.

"Finney, I-" He said, but he was cut off by my act of ludicrous.

I took the bottle and smashed it on the table beside me, and I held it up to him.

"Leave me alone" I said in my most serious voice, then I turned around and started walking away really fast.

Apparently, I was too fast. Someone spilt their drink right where I was walking, and I slipped.