CHAPTER 5: DUI

"Did anyone take something cold? I think she hit her head on impact" A familiar, soft voice burst through my ear drums

I slowly opened my eyes, everything was spinning and my eyes couldn't focus. I was lying down in the back of a car, my head in someone's lap.

"Fuck.. Where am I?" I pushed my hands on my forehead to try and stop the throbbing.

I turned my head forward to see a man staring back at me from the passenger seat. By the looks of it, he was very mad, but also concerned. My eyes started to focus a little, and the man turned out to be Kurt, my favourite person in the world as of now.

"Sleeping beauty finally awake? You put on quite the show back there" Another voice, most likely Krist barrelled into my ear from the seat in front of me.

"Ugh. Please shut up my head burns when I hear y-" A cold piercing pain blasted through my head.

"Ouch, what the hell?!" I flinched and shot my hand straight up at the man holding the cold object.

"I'm just going to blame that on the injury.." A somewhat familiar voice spoke, sounding like he was holding his nose.

"Oh damn what a knockout," Krist snickered from the driver's seat.

My eyes widened. KRIST was driving.

This is the end, I'm going to die.

"Oh my God, I think I'm gonna puke" I whimpered as I looked at my bloody hand.

"Calm down Finney, we're almost at your flat and you can puke all you'd like there, I recommend your bed, but DON'T puke in my car" Krist said sternly, and I couldn't tell if he was being serious.

"And there's no way I'm cleaning it either," Kurt added.

"Here, this is for your head, try and keep it still," I opened my eyes again, and Dave handed me something cold, I don't want to know what was in it.

"Are you guys taking me to the hospital? I think I have extreme brain damage" I groaned.

"Ehhh you'll be fine, there's nothing compared to the great care you will receive from us" Krist snickered.

The car came to an abrupt stop and I heard Kurt and Krist open their doors and get out.

The door closest to me opened, and Dave got out. He pulled me out of the car, struggling as I was intent on staying in the car.

"I'll help you get out, I don't think your coordination is great at the moment" He held out his arms and I pulled myself into them.

I had a throbbing headache and I had no energy whatsoever, so I felt really bad when he almost fell because of my weight.

Kurt huffed and held on to my shoulder, while Dave was on my other shoulder guiding me to my door.

Once we got inside, they sat me down at my table, and I put my head down to try and stop my migraine.

I heard Kurt and Krists voice coming from the kitchen, meaning that Dave was the one who was sitting next to me.

I slowly brought my head back up and smiled at Dave. "Thanks for helping me, even if we just met a couple hours ago"

"It's alright, Krist told me how you're always involved in the band, basically taking on a mom role, so I figure we will probably be seeing each other a lot more" He said, twiddling his thumbs.

"And I'm sorry I punched you, it was just my natural reaction I guess" I sighed

He nodded

Krist poked his head through the doorway that connected the Kitchen and dining room. "Dave, do a drumroll for us"

Confused, he started hitting his legs in the form of a drumroll.

Krist emerged very slowly from the doorway, followed by Kurt, who was holding something.

Kurt placed down a plate in front of me.

"Introducing the famous Kurt Cobain delicacy, Shit on a shingle! Consisting of canned tuna, pepper and flour all on toast!" Krist presented in his proudest voice.

I looked at Kurt and mouthed the words 'thank you' while Krist and Dave were celebrating this 'astounding' moment.

"Also, I hope you and Kurt don't mind if Dave and I crash here tonight, I'm his personal chauffeur and I may have had a few drinks after we performed. I also just had some more so.." Krist smiled with his begging eyes.

"Uhh it's fine with me I guess.. Wait, does this mean you were driving me drunk earlier?" I asked, mildly concerned.

He didn't answer me and he just left the room. I am guessing that was yes though.

It was just Kurt and I in the room now, as Dave was brushing his teeth. (I really don't want to assume anything, but I think he was using my toothbrush)

"I'm sorry for being a jerk to you earlier, I know you were just trying to help and shit" Kurt said under his breath.

"It's okay, I'm always sticking my nose in things that don't concern me" I said, while taking a bite of my DELECTABLE sandwich.

"Here, I was meant to give you this yesterday," He said while handing me a wad of cash.

"Gosh, how much is this?" I said while taking the money.

"Ehh, I'm not sure. I don't really care though because I owe you tons" He shrugged

I sighed and smiled, "Thanks Kurt, it really means a lot,"

Our nice little moment was interrupted, when Krist came out of the bathroom.

"Guys don't get mad or anything, but I think I clogged your toilet with my monster log" Krist said sternly while trying his hardest not to laugh.

Dave came out of the bathroom, trying his hardest not to spew everywhere.

"I can't believe Shelli puts up with this guy," I said under my breath.